Cheap Chinese mcct

Best deals in town
nt1980

Cheap Chinese mcct

Post by nt1980 »

I bought a set of flebay and i would not recommend these to anyone i bought these as i was curious to see what they were like link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321674284197? ... EBIDX%3AIT

The build of the actual body is good the bolts and nuts seem good enough the bad point is the hole through the middle is where it seems to of gone pair shaped
as the hole is not drilled central and goes of at an angle the thread cut is very loose and fear this would sheer very easily

Thought this may be of interest to some of you.
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
VTRDark

Re: Cheap Chinese mcct

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for being the Guinea pig and reporting back on the quality of them. What a shame but is typical of Chinese stuff.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

If only they had drilled them central and tapped them better they would be really good all that trouble they gone to just to fath the last bit up lol nvm
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

I got back to these guys and have told them the issues i have with the above cct they replied back saying how sorry they are and will send another set
tat will be 100 percent perfect so we will wait and see if anything comes of it

some pics of the cct

you cant see it greatly but the hole drilled through is at an angle
darkember

Post by darkember »

Lesson here for another £30 buy the genuine article
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

darkember wrote:Lesson here for another £30 buy the genuine article
i have manuals all ready on both mine but was curious to what they were like to hopefully save others trying to save 30 pounds as per my first post
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yes but for £30 more you also get 30Ib more weight with a great big coach bolt and humongous nut. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Or you could have got a quality pair of manual ccts of me for £46.00.best to buy British.