Manual CCT's = Done!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Weso

Manual CCT's = Done!

Post by Weso »

Hi all,
Just a quick one to say thanks to the mega guide on here I have done the CCT's on my bike today.
I'm not by any means vastly experienced with the spanners, but the guide is so comprehensive it was all self explanatory.
Just a big thanks to the forum reallyImage
Wes
Flatline

Re: Manual CCT's = Done!

Post by Flatline »

Nice one Wes. Great news
thedeatons

Post by thedeatons »

Why isn't the second "locking nut" tightened against the nut that is against the mcct body?

If the two nuts are not tightened against each other, then the nut against the mcct body will loosen up.

James
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

The body of the cct is threaded and the nut tightens against the body like having to locking nuts otherwise if the body was not threaded then the whole threaded bar would push out and cuase havoc simple logics
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

That was my view nt - just fitted a set of those - I think that other nut just locks the dome
Watty

Post by Watty »

BrianC wrote:That was my view nt - just fitted a set of those - I think that other nut just locks the dome
It does, mines the same :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

To confirm that smaller nut is the locking nut for the dome nut as has been said so all is good. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside