Olivers mount, Spring cup.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Watty

Re: Olivers mount, Spring cup.

Post by Watty »

adyf wrote:Get back to work Mac you lazy b8stard,and how dare you ,bloody gayboy southerner.
:clap: :thumbup: :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

VTRDaz wrote:http://www.auto66.com/news-events.htm

hopefully weather will hold out for weekend??
done a hill climb here last aug, bloody good fun (wasn't on the vtr tho) :thumbup:
may be there tomorrow ,,
what were you riding VTRDaz ?? as my husband was there for the hillclimb too, riding a blue/white nc30,, was a fab day ,, looking forward to having a go myself :D :D
VTRDaz

Post by VTRDaz »

partygirl wrote:
VTRDaz wrote:http://www.auto66.com/news-events.htm

hopefully weather will hold out for weekend??
done a hill climb here last aug, bloody good fun (wasn't on the vtr tho) :thumbup:
may be there tomorrow ,,
what were you riding VTRDaz ?? as my husband was there for the hillclimb too, riding a blue/white nc30,, was a fab day ,, looking forward to having a go myself :D :D
Didn't make it up today, so must try harder tomorrow :roll:

When I did the hill climb I was using my Honda MTX200r trail bike that used to belong to a sadly departed friend. It hadn't be raced since approx 1999, just before he was killed on the road. The bike had previously been used regularly for Hill climbing at the Batley hill climb and Baitlings dam in the 90's.
I entered in the wrong class, ended up with the 450+ supermotos etc, but she didn't embarrass!! :D
Watty

Post by Watty »

Will be there tomorrow, but in the car as its gotta piss down! Typical, sunny all week when we're at work :evil:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adyf

Post by adyf »

If it's pissing down at 9am I'll be giving it a miss mate as the racing is not that great and standing in wet gear on me bike is a pain in the butt.
Watty

Post by Watty »

adyf wrote:If it's pissing down at 9am I'll be giving it a miss mate as the racing is not that great and standing in wet gear on me bike is a pain in the butt.
I'll text you anyway mate see if you are there :thumbup: Certainly no fun stood in piss wet bike gear all day, not only that gotta be cold too :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Was a cold wet day, but still enjoyed it. Made even better by bumping into the beautiful party girl and her other half ( all because of my vtr hat ) Great to meet you both and put more faces to names, just a pity the weather wasn't kinder and we could have chatted for longer :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

was, yes, cold wet day,, good to meet up with you and your mates too :D ,, tummy was rumbling needed food too , must bring sunshine next time :D

we left feeling a bit worried ,,as we had watching the races from mere hairpin, just about to go home,, when one of the riders ,jack hunter didnt make round the bend ,, the bike landed pouring petrol out so Andy had gone to make it safe , jack had landed on the embankment after just missing the fences and trees , he was unconscious ,,the marshalls were quick on the scene , but not enough of them, to get him in a safe position as other marshalls were sorting out the bike ,, Andy had gone to stop folks taking photos of jack as he was still out of it , and i helped the other marshalls getting ready for being put on body board and into the ambulance,,
I have heard that jack is ok and no broken bones amazingly :D :D
Andy and I have both marshalled at the TT and done their incident management course ,, so glad we had , as you never know when or where something could go wrong
Watty

Post by Watty »

partygirl wrote:was, yes, cold wet day,, good to meet up with you and your mates too :D ,, tummy was rumbling needed food too , must bring sunshine next time :D

we left feeling a bit worried ,,as we had watching the races from mere hairpin, just about to go home,, when one of the riders ,jack hunter didnt make round the bend ,, the bike landed pouring petrol out so Andy had gone to make it safe , jack had landed on the embankment after just missing the fences and trees , he was unconscious ,,the marshalls were quick on the scene , but not enough of them, to get him in a safe position as other marshalls were sorting out the bike ,, Andy had gone to stop folks taking photos of jack as he was still out of it , and i helped the other marshalls getting ready for being put on body board and into the ambulance,,
I have heard that jack is ok and no broken bones amazingly :D :D
Andy and I have both marshalled at the TT and done their incident management course ,, so glad we had , as you never know when or where something could go wrong
Glad he's ok, we were at the opposite end when that happened! Was still a good day despite the weather. Hopefully meet you next time under less cold/hurried circumstances :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

I was there getting cold for the whole weekend and it was my first but definitely not the last trip to the Mount!

Had a great time and really enjoyed the racing. Saw that awful crash in the penultimate race on Sunday. I think that is the one Partygirl is talking about. Really pleased to hear he was ok as it looked like his brakes failed. Not seen a crash like that before and with no run off!! 8O

Will be going to the autumn race for sure!!! :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

almightytomo wrote:I was there getting cold for the whole weekend and it was my first but definitely not the last trip to the Mount!

Had a great time and really enjoyed the racing. Saw that awful crash in the penultimate race on Sunday. I think that is the one Partygirl is talking about. Really pleased to hear he was ok as it looked like his brakes failed. Not seen a crash like that before and with no run off!! 8O

Will be going to the autumn race for sure!!! :thumbup:
Bit of luck we'll see you there :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!