GRAINSTORM 2...May 9th 2015.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

Re: GRAINSTORM 2...May 9th 2015.

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
Virt wrote:I'm pulling out, stuff has come up and it's just not feasible to afford anymore :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
:(
Yeahif I can find a way I'll turn up and surprise you with my hugs and sloppy kisses :lol:
Seriously I hope you can make it Will.

Hugs no problem but I'll give the sloppy kisses a miss thanks... :roll:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm looking forward to seeing you ymv................. :wave:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
Hugs no problem but I'll give the sloppy kisses a miss thanks... :roll:
See, that's where you and I differ. I give the sloppy missus a kiss. (But get no thanks).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Virt

Post by Virt »

If you want kisses as well Tony, I'm sure I can make it down :lol:

Fingers crossed AP :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'll be on a Honda but not a VTR. I can park it over the road if you like.....
And it's black. It doesn't show the, er, dirt,as long as it's dark dirt.

And at least it won't disturb the ear trumpet of Grain on top of the fire station.
I can't even tell if its running or not.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Have we a list anywhere of jobs/mods to be done and who's doing what. I'm just trying to work out what tools to bring along. Mac already has the majority of tools required but I'm thinking I shall bring my carbtune along and 90 degree screwdriver. I may also bring a few spanners as there's bound to be more than one person requiring a 10mm spanner at a time. Have we got any cct jobs on the cards? do I need to bring some gasket seal. What about electrical, do I need to bring along any crimpers, butane soldering iron, terminal connectors etc?

The way my bike is looking I may have to ride down with either no right footpeg, well a nib of a peg :lol: or a bodged up repaired one :roll: should be fun. I'm gonna order some new Harris pegs from Harris or eBay on Tue (payday) and I'm guessing they wont arrive this week. If I'm lucky they may arrive before Grain in which case I will fit them while I am there. :idea: ping brainwave.... I just thought...Mac you have a grinding wheel and buffer. Mmmm I may have to strip my reasets down and give them a polish up.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Bring your TPS tools please Carlos :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Have we a list anywhere of jobs/mods to be done and who's doing what. I'm just trying to work out what tools to bring along. Mac already has the majority of tools required but I'm thinking I shall bring my carbtune ( YES ) along and 90 degree screwdriver.( YES ) I may also bring a few spanners as there's bound to be more than one person requiring a 10mm spanner at a time. (HAVE 3 + SOCKET SETS +T-BARS ) Have we got any cct jobs on the cards? do I need to bring some gasket seal. ( YES ) What about electrical, do I need to bring along any crimpers, butane soldering iron, terminal connectors etc? ( NO, NO. & NO ALL IN STOCK.)

The way my bike is looking I may have to ride down with either no right footpeg, well a nib of a peg :lol: or a bodged up repaired one :roll: should be fun. I'm gonna order some new Harris pegs from Harris or eBay on Tue (payday) and I'm guessing they wont arrive this week. If I'm lucky they may arrive before Grain in which case I will fit them while I am there. :idea: ping brainwave.... I just thought...Mac you have a grinding wheel and buffer. Mmmm I may have to strip my reasets down and give them a polish up. (YES NO PROBLEM, IT'S 5p per revolution +VAT...)

RE the pegs are you sure I didn't give you 2 ? Mark made me some new ones as mine were odd, he did them as a thank you when he borrowed mine to sort out Jamie's... Drop Mark a line see if he has any...(...sorry Mark...)

Mine still are not fitted so If you cant get one before I could be persuaded to lend them to you as long as they get replaced asap... :thumbup:
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote:Bring your TPS tools please Carlos :thumbup:
Got all them as well...
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

I've got a 1/2in drive rattle gun if it's needed 24v battery jobby
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

MacV2 wrote:
Jonesey wrote:Just looking at the numbers meeting in the south, this could be quite a loud group!
Leaving here 0800 so should arrive around 0930, looking forward to this.
Yeah sorry but you'll all have to have either std cans or baffles fitted...noise restrictions blah blah blah

Some hoodlums have been riding pit bikes in the local sand pits every weekend for years & the council have clamped down on noise after loads of complaints from all the NIMBY's.

As you come into the village you'll see a trumpet type thing on the fire station that's the noise meter doo dah thing.

Best keep it down to 2k revs max as you approach the village...

Sorry... :(
Was thinking of coming, but that could be an issue, my cans aren't baffleable, and not particularly quiet :(
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the louder the better aaron, that way the jehovahs witness's will know we are there..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

Will there be someone who knows how to set up a Penske rear shock? And also someone who knows how to do the bafflectomy? Any special tools needed for that?
If a job is worth doing, its worth doing correctly.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nice one Mac that gives me an idea of what tools to bring. Thanks for the offer of the peg loan I will get by though. Well, I will know later in the week. What's the worst that can happen....I have no peg so my foot has to hang. :lol: :lol: I have a slight stump to rest on.

==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bald_pig wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
Jonesey wrote:Just looking at the numbers meeting in the south, this could be quite a loud group!
Leaving here 0800 so should arrive around 0930, looking forward to this.
Yeah sorry but you'll all have to have either std cans or baffles fitted...noise restrictions blah blah blah

Some hoodlums have been riding pit bikes in the local sand pits every weekend for years & the council have clamped down on noise after loads of complaints from all the NIMBY's.

As you come into the village you'll see a trumpet type thing on the fire station that's the noise meter doo dah thing.

Best keep it down to 2k revs max as you approach the village...

Sorry... :(
Was thinking of coming, but that could be an issue, my cans aren't baffleable, and not particularly quiet :(
Gottcha ! :Fish:

It's a wind up...No noise limits here plus the loud cans will drown out the sound of banjos ... :lol: :lol: