Studs

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: Studs

Post by MacV2 »

Wheres that link with the cutting a bit of the head away with a dremell...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

TonyW650 wrote:Right I have a question, What type of gas torch do you recommend, I've been at it for over a hour with a butane torch and its still a no go, so Im assuming its not getting it hot enough or the heat is being dissipated to quickly!
You're probably sorted but I use a Rothenburger blowtorch with Mapp gas. Gives a good hot burn. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

make sure you apply the heat to the top of the bolt, along the top of the engine, you don't want to heat either end, or get anywhere near the frame, well that's what me and carl did, looking bad I think he just wanted to set fire to my bike...... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

We did set fire to it, mix of GT85 and WD40 and easing oil burns well.

Got it proper hot 10 to 15 mins on the alloy castings on the block, where the bolt goes and no go, frame was getting hot from heat transfer.
We have had plus gas on it this evening, and even broken the handle on a wooden club hammer and its not moved.

So its going to be hacksaw time by the looks of it, and then drill it out.

butt!