NATIONAL 3 PEAKS CHALLENGE!

General Biker Banter
Ckennedy

Re: NATIONAL 3 PEAKS CHALLENGE!

Post by Ckennedy »

No worries mate. Like I say just a shame I didn't see this back in Jan or I'd be with you kickin' your butt up those little hills ;)
Watty

Post by Watty »

Well its almost here! Next weekend 8O . Hopefully trained enough! Last day of training today, walked Skiddaw in the lakes in a respectable 3 hours! Only real worry is I'm having knee trouble on decent! so nurofen, paracetamol and man up :lol: . Thanks once again Kev L and Ck for your donations. Only wish my buddy was here to do it with me :( .
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Do you use sticks for descending Watty? My Mrs had knee trouble coming off Snowdon and found they helped her. If you want to borrow a pair your welcome mate.
Come on lads stick a quid on to support a worthy cause, the bloke needs all the help he can get! He rides a bike the colour of Satans semen!!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Do you use sticks for descending Watty? My Mrs had knee trouble coming off Snowdon and found they helped her. If you want to borrow a pair your welcome mate.
Come on lads stick a quid on to support a worthy cause, the bloke needs all the help he can get! He rides a bike the colour of Satans semen!!!!! :lol:
Tried sticks Kev but couldn't get away with them! But thanks for the offer :D. Maybe a zimmer would help :lol: ! Copius amounts of Nurofen and paracetamol I think :crazy: . Satan's semen ! How rude :roll:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Thanks LumpyV for your donation. You're a gent. :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

A few pics from walking Skiddaw on Sunday. http://s907.photobucket.com/user/wattys ... sort=3&o=2
Then a well earned coffee and cake at the filling station bikers cafe :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Hey mate good luck with your walk
Bennevis at the moment has quite a lot of snow higher up take care coming away from the summit in poor visibility,know how to use a map and compass
And for the best mountain weather forecast try mwis
Enjoy your weekend and good luck
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

chris vtr virgin wrote:Hey mate good luck with your walk
Bennevis at the moment has quite a lot of snow higher up take care coming away from the summit in poor visibility,know how to use a map and compass
And for the best mountain weather forecast try mwis
Enjoy your weekend and good luck
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for the good wishes and info mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Update; This happened this weekend! Got to Ben Nevis at 15:30 on Saturday, finished that at around 20:00! Greeted by a reasonable amount of snow at the summit 8O Into the minibus and onto scafell pike, Started this around 02:00 Sunday and finished around 06:00! Then off to Wales to do Snowdon! Started Snowdon around 11:45, Most of the group completed in 24hrs, a couple just outside, but myself and one other lad only made it to within 30 minutes of the summit :( , gutted. The other lad also didn't make it to the summit of Ben Nevis ( he was struggling with old injuries from a mountain bike accident ). My left knee played up all weekend, which I knew it would, but even after being strapped up all weekend and bucketfuls of pain killers it and me finally gave up after jolting it on the ascent of Snowdon.
What an amazing experience! Punishing on the body and mind, especially with sleep deprivation! But done with a great bunch of people with good craic it was a great life experience! What's even better is by the time we collect in all sponsor monies we should have raised around £2k :thumbup: I hope my buddy is looking down on us and realises what he meant to people!
Neil's eldest daughter did the challenge with us and how she held it together this weekend with it being father's day on Sunday is beyond me. I was very proud and Neil would have been too :D . Thanks again to the lads who donated :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good effort Watty, and it's much further for you being a short butt!!!! xxxx :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Good effort Watty, and it's much further for you being a short butt!!!! xxxx :thumbup:
So technically I did six peaks :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Great effort :thumbup:
AMcQ