Advice on previous owner mods, Airbox, CCT's etc

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lloydie

Re: Advice on previous owner mods, Airbox, CCT's

Post by lloydie »

Yep spacer fitted , you won't need to do that :)
RickTheHuman

Re: Advice on previous owner mods, Airbox, CCT's

Post by RickTheHuman »

lloydie wrote:Yep spacer fitted , you won't need to do that :)
Cheers Lloydie :beer:
I lika do tha cha cha
RickTheHuman

Re: Advice on previous owner mods, Airbox, CCT's etc

Post by RickTheHuman »

Got a short ride in to check my changes:
TPS adjustment has improved idle and starting but low speed cruise doesn't feel any different.
No noticeable change from reinstalling the air box snorkel.
I have noticed that while the bike is warming up at idle, There is a bit more soot from the rear cylinder - maybe a mixture adjustment needed...
I'm not going to jump into tuning the carbs just yet as I am still reading about that, but I will check/adjust the balance soon.

I finally got the chance to accelerate hard through to 3rd gear and yep the front wheel was off the deck through 1st and most of second. So while not sure if I'm getting the best out of it just yet, the power is there :D
Have a great weekend!
I lika do tha cha cha
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

RickTheHuman wrote:Got a short ride in to check my changes:
TPS adjustment has improved idle and starting but low speed cruise doesn't feel any different.
That is about normal and how the system should work IMHO
RickTheHuman wrote:No noticeable change from reinstalling the air box snorkel.
You would notice it the first time you were at road speed and hit a cross wind. You are much better off with it installed, again IMHO
RickTheHuman wrote:I have noticed that while the bike is warming up at idle, There is a bit more soot from the rear cylinder - maybe a mixture adjustment needed...
Couple of things here. First there is no real need to let the bike sit and "warm up" in fact. once again IMHO, this is actually hard on them.
From personal experience I have never let mine sit and idle for more then 45 sec before setting off.
Yes I take it easy until the temp gauge comes up but with a bit over 100K miles on my engine I would say not sitting and warming the bike up doesn't hurt anything and saves you fuel :lol: :angel:

As for the "soot". If you have a "normal" header, stock or aftermarket, you have a 2-1-2 system so it is impossible to know if one cyl is off just by looking at the cans.
RickTheHuman wrote:I'm not going to jump into tuning the carbs just yet as I am still reading about that, but I will check/adjust the balance soon.
Learning how to sync the carbs is important as you will need to do this a couple times a year just as "normal" maintenance
RickTheHuman wrote:I finally got the chance to accelerate hard through to 3rd gear and yep the front wheel was off the deck through 1st and most of second. So while not sure if I'm getting the best out of it just yet, the power is there :D
Have a great weekend!
Sounds like you are close, just remember that little changes make a big difference on this bike :?
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
thedeatons

Post by thedeatons »

Did someone delete my post about mccts?

James
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Did someone delete my post about mccts?
I doubt it. What happened. What I mean is, what makes you think your post was deleted. Are you sure you hit the Submit post btn. :confused

@RickTheHuman Making good progress there. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
RickTheHuman

Post by RickTheHuman »

8541Hawk wrote:As for the "soot". If you have a "normal" header, stock or aftermarket, you have a 2-1-2 system so it is impossible to know if one cyl is off just by looking at the cans.
So it is. woops. I obviously didn't pay to much attention while laying under there cleaning it :)
Cheers for the tips too mate :thumbup:
I lika do tha cha cha