feel like a right "knob "

General Biker Banter
stevegringo

feel like a right "knob "

Post by stevegringo »

Hi Guys and Gals ( are there any ladies on here ? ) I've only owned my "98 Storm " for a mere 5 days , loving every minute of it :thumbup: but was thinking yesterday it's a bit of a bugger on bumpy roads I'm bouncing around like a ping pong ball ! Must address the suspension ASAP , thinking that the forks were shot and the rear shocker needed replacing . She was a bugger to tip in to tight corners needing an extra shove on the bars to get around ....I don't remember having this much trouble with the handling when I had my first Storm over 12 years ago !
So anyway I was giving her a wash tonight and something struck me ...I;ll check the tyre pressures and chain tension while I'm at it ..as you do ,
well fook me ! the front had a whopping 15Psi in it and the rear had a measley 25psi in it ! Whoops ! :oops: it's now a different beast altogether!
countrymick

Re: feel like a right "knob "

Post by countrymick »

get your forks rogered best mod you can do.the rest is simple after that. :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

countrymick wrote:get your forks rogered best mod you can do.the rest is simple after that. :thumbup:
+1 :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

The last brand new bike I bought was a Suzuki RF900. I rode the shop demo, liked it, and ordered a new one. My first ride was a bit like yours, as in "this handles like a wheelbarrow full of wet cement"!

Same problem, not enough air. Gave the dealer a bollocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Watty wrote:
countrymick wrote:get your forks rogered best mod you can do.the rest is simple after that. :thumbup:
+1 :D
+2...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

LOL Yeh tyre pressures will do that. We have all done it. Were all knobs so join the club :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Join the :Richard: club, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

It is nothing new, in 1985 I picked up my Kwack GPz550 from the dealer, on the way home I thought the handling was crap, and that was after a trail bike.
Got home and found 10 psi at each end...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I kind of done that on my X-11 went out on a run, then on the way home I thought, this is handling like a turd, but carried on riding it, I went into the shops came out and thought, bloody hell the seat feels lower, got home and realised that I had a puncture in the back wheel. :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

StormingHonda wrote:I kind of done that on my X-11 went out on a run, then on the way home I thought, this is handling like a turd, but carried on riding it, I went into the shops came out and thought, bloody hell the seat feels lower, got home and realised that I had a puncture in the back wheel. :lol:
I noticed a puncture before when I felt the sidewall sort of collapse as I banked in for a roundabout.. Man, my old hornet got treated like sh1t :lol: That was not a nice feeling :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
kev64

Post by kev64 »

This reminds me, I must get a new tyre pressure gauge !!
Mine is a year old and was quite a cheapo Halfrauds one,
a necessary birthday treat for myself ! :thumbup:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

soory iam a regimented tit then. i check before every ride. i have a compressor at home and a decent PCL inflator. you only have 2 tyres guys and only a small bits on the floor at any 1 time. it can bite you in the butt if not.

Right. if you doing 90mph. what is the speed of the top of the tyre and why?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

bigtwinthing wrote:soory iam a regimented tit then. i check before every ride. i have a compressor at home and a decent PCL inflator. you only have 2 tyres guys and only a small bits on the floor at any 1 time. it can bite you in the butt if not.

Assuming there is no loss of traction... tyre speed is 90mph, but ground speed relative to the top of the tyre is 180mph :) Do I win a pair of matching gloves?

I try and check pressures before every ride too, I couldn't believe it when my buddy admitted to owning a 1000 Fireblade for 5 months and checked the tyre pressures a grand total of 0 times 8O He had nearly 50psi rear and high 20's on the front and to make matters worse the dealer he purchased the bike from considered it ok to sell an 06 1000 Fireblade with original tyres still fitted... severe lack of grip is an understatement!

Here for a good time, not a long time.
Jamie :wave:
bigtwinthing

Re: feel like a right

Post by bigtwinthing »

Jamoi wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:soory iam a regimented tit then. i check before every ride. i have a compressor at home and a decent PCL inflator. you only have 2 tyres guys and only a small bits on the floor at any 1 time. it can bite you in the butt if not.

Assuming there is no loss of traction... tyre speed is 90mph, but ground speed relative to the top of the tyre is 180mph :) Do I win a pair of matching gloves?

I try and check pressures before every ride too, I couldn't believe it when my buddy admitted to owning a 1000 Fireblade for 5 months and checked the tyre pressures a grand total of 0 times 8O He had nearly 50psi rear and high 20's on the front and to make matters worse the dealer he purchased the bike from considered it ok to sell an 06 1000 Fireblade with original tyres still fitted... severe lack of grip is an understatement!

Here for a good time, not a long time.
Jamie a smart Yoof well done matey. Hows the Girlies over there?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!