Bar risers

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Radioactive kid

Bar risers

Post by Radioactive kid »

Hello everyone.
I know this topic might have been done to death but I can't find quite what I'm looking for on the forum.
Perhaps someone might be able to help.
Generally I don't have problems with the original bars,however I sometimes take a pillion and the extra weight on my wrists is spoiling everything.

I really do not want to make alterations to the fairing if possible .
I found this http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycle-ha ... ibars.html
Has anyone got any experience of these and whether or not they fit without body work alterations.

I've also had a look at the CNC top yoke conversion(still waiting for a reply to my emaIl)..Is there a need for bodywork alterations if I go down this road?

Many thanks
Stu
AMCQ46

Re: Bar risers

Post by AMCQ46 »

not sure if anybody on here has fitted the HelBars, but with the CNC yoke conversion you will have to cut the fairing. But I will say that a low set of flat bars works very well with this bike and only needs a small mod to the faring, and this is pretty easy to do with a dremmel.

other options are the black painted bars off the newer model VTR [with the bigger tank] or bars off the VFR [not sure which year]
AMcQ
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I fitted a set of ABM Multiclip Tour bars to my Falco which allowed a more comfortable bar position without any fairing mods ( http://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetail.a ... =Multiclip ). The only change I had to make was to reposition the clutch and brake fluid reservoirs why may not be an issue with the FireStorm.

Al.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I ran Helibars for a few years and liked them, no fairing trimming needed
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Radioactive kid

Post by Radioactive kid »

mik_str wrote:I ran Helibars for a few years and liked them, no fairing trimming needed
Mine is an 03 with black clip ons so I'm guessing that this is different to the bars on earlier bikes.
Do you know if the helibars give more lift etc than the OEM black ones?

Stu
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I seem to recall the 01+ bars were 19mm taller than the Gen 1. The Helibars, again IIRC, are taller yet. Perhaps have a look at their Web site, it should say.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express