Hi all

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
AMCQ46

Re: Hi all

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome in, used to live in auld reekie when I was a student... It's a fine old town :D

Now you have stopped lurking you can see if you can join in the banter and even talk about the bike if you have to.

CBR 600 brakes are a good improvement
AMcQ
pmorg4

Post by pmorg4 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Edinburgh, bloody hell I've been going there regular for the past 18 months and i don't fancy those wet bloody cobbles everywhere.

Nice Place though. Been pissed in the Black cat too many times. :lol:
Wet cobbles indeed, but only in the city centre and I tend to avoid that regardless of road surface as it's riddled with traffic lights, bus lanes, etc. :x

Lucky for me I'm on the edge of the city so few reasons to ride into the centre :)
pmorg4

Post by pmorg4 »

Autosol wrote:Welcome :thumbup: what edge are you on I'm on the Norf West edge near the sticks but more importantly what is your colour ?
Nice, I'm far West of the city near the bypass (M8 end) and on a silver bike with Venom cans (loud!) and Renthals. Give me a shout if you see me!

What are you riding?
Autosol

Post by Autosol »

pmorg4 wrote:
Autosol wrote:Welcome :thumbup: what edge are you on I'm on the Norf West edge near the sticks but more importantly what is your colour ?
Nice, I'm far West of the city near the bypass (M8 end) and on a silver bike with Venom cans (loud!) and Renthals. Give me a shout if you see me!

What are you riding?

Might have heard you already on the Glasgow Road near Ratho am on a fast red one :thumbup:
" The future is unwritten " Joe Strummer 1952 - 2002 Gone but not forgotten

" 2nd place is the first of the loooosers "
pmorg4

Post by pmorg4 »

Autosol wrote:
pmorg4 wrote:

What are you riding?

Might have heard you already on the Glasgow Road near Ratho am on a fast red one :thumbup:
Cool, good chance that was me :cool2 I'll keep a look out for you :D
pmorg4

Post by pmorg4 »

AMCQ46 wrote:CBR 600 brakes are a good improvement
Thanks mate. I already have the F4i master cylinder as the original brakes were terrible and I was worried the lever would hit the bar in an emergency stop even after a good flush with new brake fluid. Still in two minds as to whether to upgrade the calipers, going to try new pads first and if that doesn't do it I'll look to source a set of F4i calipers too.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you have a pm fella.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

pmorg4 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:CBR 600 brakes are a good improvement
Thanks mate. I already have the F4i master cylinder as the original brakes were terrible and I was worried the lever would hit the bar in an emergency stop even after a good flush with new brake fluid. Still in two minds as to whether to upgrade the calipers, going to try new pads first and if that doesn't do it I'll look to source a set of F4i calipers too.
It could be the master cylinder...You can get kit's to redo the seals or I just so happens I have two for sale... :thumbup:

£15 posted...for one of them not both BTW. Std Storms ones though just re read your post... :redface
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
dacc

Post by dacc »

Hello and welcome,