Post by Stu9 »

Only 20 to go...well 19 after this unless you (or someone) delete some again
Jazzscot

Re: How many posts do I need

Post by Jazzscot »

Stu9 wrote:Still posting isn't it
Nope, its not!

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19054

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

12. The moderating and admin teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, pointless etc. as noted in these posts is up to Team Members and not users.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

:roll:

I use another bike forum where they've got a bit specifically for junk posts to get people up their quota, obviously you're different

I've been answering other stuff though
popkat

Post by popkat »

The old OSS forum you needed 50 useful posts, if you posted in general your post count didn't go up, very strict forum that one was, if you mentioned the word Honda the post would be deleted and you could get a warning message, mods were Suzuki to the core, if you typed H***** then all was ok, weird :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stu9 wrote::roll:

I use another bike forum where they've got a bit specifically for junk posts to get people up their quota, obviously you're different

I've been answering other stuff though
Yep. Rules are rules if you dont like it go & moan somewhere else...

Or join in the fun...start a thread of your own about you bike, what you do for work, what you do in your spare time (moaning & bitching doesn't count BTW :wink: )...but then this advice has already been given once... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Knobby69 wrote:If it was the intention for this site to be less than fully welcoming by putting an arbitrary number of posts before getting full access, it's been a success. The vast majority of similar sites have no such limits and they appear to function just fine. Most new members will by the very nature of being new, know less about VTR's than existing members and not able to contribute much in the way of advice. That being so, the only way of getting to 50 posts in any sensible time is to post unhelpful drivel.

I am not the first to have mentioned this, but there has been no change in the policy. There are not that many VTR's out there compared to many and they are dying off quickly as they have such a relatively low value and a minor off or CHT failure sends them to the breakers. Barriers to entry have little to offer the majority in any area of life, only those with an "I'm all right Jack" attitude......you know what happened to that bird that flew in ever decreasing circles!

My opinion is not aimed at any particular member, just one of some merit and not held by just me either. Would it be possible for a moderator to turn full access on earlier? Just as it might be possible to turn it off because of abuse too. I was unable to ask for help for parts after an off because of this rule and was sore in more ways than one.

Have a safe and fun weekend in Wales, I would love to go, but my parts will not arrive in time for it all to happen.

I have retired to a safe distance!

Nigel
This ain't gumtree or ebay.. it's just a community. Folk come here to chat be it about storms, family, crap... what ever.. the sales section is simply there for members to pass on a deal to fellow members. If sellers were looking for top dollar they stick it on the bay etc. What is not wanted is new folk coming along and grabbing a deal before other active members who have been around for a long time and consistently been active get a look in. As for needing 50 posts... that really isn't hard. There are more than enough topics of interest that one could get involved with... you don't have to be bringing a wealth of information to be able to post and in turn get to the 50 post mark. Damn... I don't exactly post a great deal but even I have notched up a few hundred posts or more over the past couple years.

An idea.... About 10 years ago I used to run forums related to online gaming and they were always Php boards... one thing we had was the ability to set ranks... as members got to a certain level of posts their rank would rise... also by having different ranks, boards could be set up separately with regards to who could see them. For example.. 1 - 50 posts could be junior member then 50+ would be member.. the sales section would be set so only members could see them. If new folk can't even see the sales section then they can't moan about the post rule. Just a thought.
Virt

Post by Virt »

I like the rank idea and stuff. So.. this forum is in PHP, I'm fluent if any help is ever needed :wink: :lol:

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
stealthbomber

Post by stealthbomber »

About this many :clap:
In the land of ham fisted, I am king
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

stealthbomber wrote:About this many :clap:
Well done that man. You can now roll your trouser leg back down, Brother Stealthbomber! :lol:

The little "click" sound you may have heard, was the autobots unlocking the forum gates.....

If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
stealthbomber

Post by stealthbomber »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
stealthbomber wrote:About this many :clap:
Well done that man. You can now roll your trousewasn't g back down, Brother Stealthbomber! :lol:

The little "click" sound you may have heard, was the autobots unlocking the forum gates.....

Thank you sir, slowly slowly catchy monkey. I thought i may have to expose a nipple or slaughter a chicken for the 50th post but it wasn't necessary in the end!
TheGingerBeardMan

stealthbomber wrote:I thought i may have to expose a nipple......
Hold onto that suggestion - as you may be called upon to perform it should you ever attend an OP.Storm weekend.

And be warned - it might not stop at just the nipple.....

This is why I never attend any Storm gatherings in secret locations at midnight when the moon is full. It's. Just. Too. Damn. Risky.

stealthbomber

Post by stealthbomber »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
stealthbomber wrote:I thought i may have to expose a nipple......
Hold onto that suggestion - as you may be called upon to perform it should you ever attend an OP.Storm weekend.

And be warned - it might not stop at just the nipple.....

This is why I never attend any Storm gatherings in secret locations at midnight when the moon is full. It's. Just. Too. Damn. Risky.
It's ok, I'll keep my dignity by keeping the other two covered ....
TheGingerBeardMan

stealthbomber wrote:It's ok, I'll keep my dignity by keeping the other two covered ....
Ahh. So you have the common complaint of "Backwoods TNS"?

"Triple Nipple Syndrome."

Again, you'll get on great with everyone else, as most here have an extra toe (or worse).

Here are a few photos that were never released of the OPDevonStorm July 2015 (just to let ya know what kind of company you'd be mixing with)

I did not attend.

Mainly cos I didn't want them getting me drunk, and then waiting till I fell asleep so they could pull down me shorts and force that poor toad up somewhere it didn't want to go... :think:

It's not what I meant when I said I'd like toad in the hole for dinner....

MacV2 Chills out after a long ride:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyd said he couldn't fit any camping gear on the bike, as it was already overloaded with his "plus one"...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, Marks "tuba butt" was THAT bad, the crew decided to relocate his toilet...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------