A Birthday for t13ony : An old man now he's hit 24.

General Biker Banter
TheGingerBeardMan

A Birthday for t13ony : An old man now he's hit 24.

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Slàinte agus là breith sona dhuit! :Beer1:

Hope it's a good one!

Oh to be that age again. 24. The age of youth. Of no sore bones, no aches and being able to party all weekend....The days of wine, women and song. Well, mainly wine and a little bit of women. Erm, or is that mainly women with a little bit of wine? I can't remember, it's been so long y'know. Now, at my age, I can only reminisce on the park bench through me rose tinted spectacles, whilst feeding the ducks and waiting for someone to sit beside me so I can bore them with: "did I ever tell you the time when I.........."
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: A Birthday for t13ony : An old man now he's hit 24.

Post by sirch345 »

Happy Birthday young man :Birthday:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

24?? 8O
I hate you already! :evil:

Nah! Just jealous. Have a great one Fella :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Happy birthday.Have a good time ALL the time :beer:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Happy birthday [CAT FACE]
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

have a few beers down your neck. :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

HB young man.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
t13ony

Post by t13ony »

Thankyou all so much for your kind birthday wishes!

I was indeed pished for most of the weekend. And the vtr remained tucked up(still cutting out), which is a shame because I usually like to go a little birthday backroad blast before I try nd kill off my liver with alcohol :) thanx for all your kind words guys... It's much appreciated!
Last edited by t13ony on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
t13ony

Post by t13ony »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Slàinte agus là breith sona dhuit! :Beer1:

Hope it's a good one!

Oh to be that age again. 24. The age of youth. Of no sore bones, no aches and being able to party all weekend....The days of wine, women and song. Well, mainly wine and a little bit of women. Erm, or is that mainly women with a little bit of wine? I can't remember, it's been so long y'know. Now, at my age, I can only reminisce on the park bench through me rose tinted spectacles, whilst feeding the ducks and waiting for someone to sit beside me so I can bore them with: "did I ever tell you the time when I.........."
Do u actually speak gaelic ginger beard? Or r u still around from when the picts and celts wandered our lands above the border? :p
I kid... I kid, I'm just jealous I don't know gaelic myself.
Education these days eh? What are they teaching the youth of today?

As for aches and pains... I wouldn't b soo jealous.. I've had more bike accidents than I'd like to admit and very much indeed feel like an old decrepit man... I needed a hand off a low couch on Saturday night, although upon further reflection that could have been influenced by the toxic levels of beer I had drank. :beer:

It's nice to know all those aches pains and twinges are normal tho! Thanx gingerbeard and everyone who wished me well! :p
TheGingerBeardMan

t13ony wrote:Do u actually speak gaelic ginger beard? Or r u still around from when the picts and celts wandered our lands above the border? :p
I'm not fluent, lets put it that way. As you'll probably notice if I've nae doubt spelt the greeting wrong. Some proper old fart may look at it and ask "why did you wish the lady good haemmorroids?" And I'd struggle to hold a conversation. My Mother taught me bit's n' bobs, and I remember a tiny bit from being taught in school. (Born n raised close to Inverness)

Scots folk are taught important things that come in handy in later years, regardless of "mither tongue" For example:

"HOW feching much?....you're kidding aren't you?", and "isn't it time you were going?", and "no ice in my glass thanks, as it takes up too much room"....and "sorry, but is that your sheep on the road I've just hit?".

As for me being "left over" from days of yore?...yup, I feel like that sometimes. I dress (and have the physical appearance) as though I've just crawled out of a skip. The face I wear looks more sour than an out of date lemon. A smile? What the heck is that? That was an optional accessory when I went through the manufacturing stage. A touch crabbit perhaps, but only on days that have a "Y" in them.

I can't wear the plaid anymore, as my legs would get me arrested for causing fear and alarm. (They don't call me "Vestas" fer nothing y'know!). Underneath all my bike garb, is a body the same colour it was the day it came out of the packet.

So, a vision no-one wants (and I apologise for it), is imagining me bollock naked, standing upright. Pure white stick with an unkempt Ginger beard..........I look like a lit match.

And I still cannae figure oot why I'm still single? :lol:

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

FAF GBM :lol:
and coming from a man who normally just writes short drivel, don't ever stop writing longer ones :lol: :lol:
TheGingerBeardMan wrote:imagining me bollock naked, standing upright. Pure white stick with an unkempt Ginger beard..........I look like a lit match.
I'm sure my mother used to have a saying about lighting a candle at both ends and lighting it in the middle too. I don't know if I want to know why you brought her old adage back to me 8O
:biggrin
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
TheGingerBeardMan

Pete.L wrote:I'm sure my mother used to have a saying about lighting a candle at both ends and lighting it in the middle too.
Hmmm. I've not heard about a candle in the middle, but having both ends lit rings true if you live as a workaholic. Or someone who is "knocking their pan in" with a job and killing themselves in the process. Y'know - folk who have to much stuff to do, and not enough time to do it. The ones that wish there was 29 hours in a day, then die an early death through exhaustion.

Hence why my Father used to say: "Burning the candle at both ends is bright, but short lived".

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
Pete.L wrote:I'm sure my mother used to have a saying about lighting a candle at both ends and lighting it in the middle too.
Hmmm. I've not heard about a candle in the middle, but having both ends lit rings true if you live as a workaholic. Or someone who is "knocking their pan in" with a job and killing themselves in the process. Y'know - folk who have to much stuff to do, and not enough time to do it. The ones that wish there was 29 hours in a day, then die an early death through exhaustion.

Hence why my Father used to say: "Burning the candle at both ends is bright, but short lived".

wondered where that came from. thats your best ever ( and reasonably short quote GBM) :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
t13ony

Post by t13ony »

Omg gbm u had me in stitches reading that...
I can't even finish my lunch now.
U know what they say.. 2 minutes laughing is the equivalent of 20 mins on a rowing machine. I fell like I've done a marathon on a rowing machine after reading that post!