Leaking oil through base of clutch slave cylinder housing??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
macca__macca

Re: Leaking oil through base of clutch slave cylinder housin

Post by macca__macca »

I got under the bike this morning to take another look. Seems like I've probably had a leak here for ages and never realised. Check out the photo - time to get those parts I think....Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
popkat

Post by popkat »

Oberon now do a clutch slave cylinder for the firestorm, probably a bit expensive compared to new seals but it's a quality product and should make the clutch action better and lighter, I've fitted them to Aprilia's before and definite improvement.

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/aca ... inder.html

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, they're an improvement for Priliyas and Dukes, don't know how you'd improve the Strom one though- the action isn't heavy, they're fairly reliable, they don't overheat etc. The only real fault is the grabby clutch, and I haven't heard of a replacement slave cyl as being a cure- I'm sure I would have heard about it if it was.....

I have some spare slave cylinders in good condition if you want.

But spare a couple of hours for bleeding it through, and get a decent sized bottle if fluid- it can be a bugger to bleed.

According to Alice, only women bleed, so suggest you get the wife/significant other to do it while you go to the pub.

Now, there's retro.... :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.