long lost nortons

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

Re: long lost nortons

Post by bigtwinthing »

fabiostar wrote:what i hate is people buying these type of bikes and never using the fecking things :redface . there more than happy to blow there trumpet about what they own but they are bikes, bikes are made to be ridden ffs.. at least sell them to people who will use the things.. i know a guy and he has a serious collection of bikes and some amazing race bikes, will he use them or sell them? not a chance ffs.. i hope he chokes on them lol

+1 on that. Cars too suffer from useless owners, my mates Dad has a Jensen Interceptor with 12,000 miles on it, he used it 2 days last year MOT and then the retest, juggler.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
darkember

Post by darkember »

Talking about lucky finds. Had the opportunity when fitting a water treatment system to walk through the Metisse workshops and the owner even fired one up the parallel twin sounded awesome :thumbup: :thumbup:

http://www.metisse-motorcycles.com/
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

darkember wrote:Talking about lucky finds. Had the opportunity when fitting a water treatment system to walk through the Metisse workshops and the owner even fired one up the parallel twin sounded awesome :thumbup: :thumbup:

http://www.metisse-motorcycles.com/
I actually had a Metisse rolling chassis that was set up for a Zundap engine. I was too poor and too stupid, at the time, to shoe horn a different (better) motor in that frame. I just kept it around to look at. It was so freaking cool!
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i drove all round the east German Border on a Zundap. You could hear it and see the blue smoke for miles. Great times though.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!