Givi Rack.

General Biker Banter
mark2000vtr

Givi Rack.

Post by mark2000vtr »

Hi everyone! I have seen a red storm for sale on the forum that has a givi top box rack fitted to it.I am interested in picking one of these racks up as I already have a plate, and 52 litre box that I use on my other bike.Could be useful on some of the longer ride out,s I hope to do next year.If anyone know,s the model number of said rack and what they are like to fit I would appreciate any info.Cheer,s in advance!! :thumbup:
chric

Re: Givi Rack.

Post by chric »

10 minutes to fit solid as a rock think we motor sell them :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Only place I have seen them for sale new is from Italy.
Keep your eyes open on Evilbay they do come up now and again.
Took me a bit longer than 5 mins this morning as I had to get the existing rack system off. Took a bit of force as it has been on for the last 10 years. The rest was a doddle.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
chric

Post by chric »

Ill never be a sell out storm forever
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I seen one on eBay the other day , worth a look .
Amazon has them
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

there's been a brand new one on ebay for £75, been relisted several times, as it's a lot of money for the arms, but seen as that's all you need. maybe make em an offer if it's still listed, I use one and it's great, good luck finding one buddy :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Cheer,s all! Will have a look and see what I can find!! :D
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Got a rack from amazon chaps.47 quid + 12.00 quid p+p.Thank,s for all the info everyone.I am well chuffed! :D
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

mark2000vtr wrote:Got a rack from amazon chaps.47 quid + 12.00 quid p+p.Thank,s for all the info everyone.I am well chuffed! :D
Got a link?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Hi chap,s! On purchasing the givi rack and the toplate,it appears the plastic parts that connect the plate to the rack (as on the red one in the for sale section) do not appear to be in either package.Obviously I think I will need these to get it installed.Please help! Thank you in advance!!
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Don't have a link for the rack I am afraid (would not know how to post it if I did) but I got it from a place called unionbike on amazon if this help,s anyone.
mark2000vtr

cct,s fitted

Post by mark2000vtr »

Would just like to say a mahoosive thank you to Mr Phil flatline (sorry buddy I never caught what your surname was)! He gave up a day of his time and helped me do the manual cct modification.I now am confident I could repeat the said operation and may need to soon as I have insured my best friend for the bike,he has not ridden the bike yet but as soon as he does I am sure he will want one! If all people on the forum are as friendly and welcoming as Phil,the sooner the weather brighten,s and I can get out there and meet you all the better! Cheer,s Phil your a diamond mate!!!! :beer:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

The Wemoto one looks like its the full kit with the plate, whereas the Amazon one
only has the side arms, is this right ?