Tires again

General Bike chat
dookie

Tires again

Post by dookie »

Im sitting here now on my day off and its pishing it down outside so im thinking of a dilema i have.
Me and the better half are riding to the iow at the end of the month and im gona need to change my tires before i go.
Currently i have a metz m1 on the front and a brig bt020 on the back as this is how i bought the bike.
My buddy runs a workshop and does me trade prices but the mark up aint a lot on tires so i dont think it will be much difference to what the bandits on fleabay sell them for .
Im going to go see him later to see what prices he can do me and there some pairs of metz m1 on ebay for 139.99 but bt020s go for about 165.
How much have you payed lately for a pair fitted at a shop?
Also i know mich pilot powers rule but has anyone tried pilot sports?
Im happy with both the tires ive got on as ive ridden all winter with no probs but does anyone know of any good deals on anywere?
Thanks
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I've got a friend who's been riding for about 20 years (had his Storm since new in 2000) & has just tried his first Pilot Sports on the front, with Pilot Power on the back (because he only needed the front replaced & thought he'd give it a try). He swears by it & can't wait to replace the rear. I've been running Pilot Powers for about the last 3 sets (about a year :? ), but plan to go the Sports next change. Sounds like they're the beez kneez. (He still can't beat me 'round the twisties, though :wink: )

For the Powers over here (you do the conversion...), I've been paying $155 for the front & $265 for the rear. That's fitted & with the wax buffed off. That's from a really cheap speciality bike tyre place. Anywhere else, you'd expect to pay at least $480 for the pair. Don't know how that compares to the UK.

Sorry, I can't help you with mileage. I don't pay any attention to it...
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
dookie

Post by dookie »

Can get pilot sport for £146.99 a pair delivered to the door so thats why i was thinking of trying them .
Thanks for the advice vtr girl
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Sounds like a good deal. I guarantee you'll be wrapped!
dookie

Post by dookie »

Got a pair delivered to the door £139.98 from Busters ,,,BARGAIN :D
There was a time i used to care
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Bet you LOVE them!!! Shall watch this space for a report...
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I got a set of Metzeler Sportec's fitted to my TT600 yesterday for £161

Must say, I'm impressed with them so far. Really make the bike easier to change direction.

Al.
Paddockstand Ltd

Tyres Prices

Post by Paddockstand Ltd »

Hi all,

I have specials on offer every month so keep your beady eyes on my site he he. And before you ask I haven't got them uploaded as yet so watch this space.

I believe an all year price for BT020 120/180 pair is going to be £168.63 delivered I will verify this and have it up on my site b4 end of month.
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk
FalomVtr

Post by FalomVtr »

Hey there VTRgirl. I thought the Sport and Power had a slightly different peak to them and you couldn't mix them. I think one of the aussie guys tried it and got wobbles. Maybe he had a Power on the front and a Sport on the back. Hhhhmmmmm, the mind boggles.....
8O

Stew
andrewlondon

Post by andrewlondon »

Get some Super Corsas, in the dry you can't touch them. Watch out when leaning in the wet though. ;-)
Paddockstand Ltd

Tyres

Post by Paddockstand Ltd »

I ride the Metzeler Racetecs as good as the Super corsa pro !!! You don't get many miles to them tho! :o)
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk
andrewlondon

Post by andrewlondon »

Don't the Metzelers and the Super Corsas use the same compound?

Very nice tyre, the only problems is in the wet you slide around a bit compared to a pair or Pilots or 020's.

I'll be getting a pair of Corsas ready for those dry roads in the summer. 8)
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

andrewlondon wrote:Don't the Metzelers and the Super Corsas use the same compound?

Very nice tyre, the only problems is in the wet you slide around a bit compared to a pair or Pilots or 020's.

I'll be getting a pair of Corsas ready for those dry roads in the summer. 8)
I had the the bike well over on its side today in the wet and the Sportec's were super stable and gave excellent feedback campared to the Bridgestones I had on before.
andrewlondon

Post by andrewlondon »

Well if they're anything like the SuperCorsas i had then the tread doesn't go all the way to the edge of the tyre so if you had it cranked in the wet with no tread then hat off to you. The Corsas i had are nowhere near as good as Pilots or the like in the wet.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

andrewlondon wrote:Well if they're anything like the SuperCorsas i had then the tread doesn't go all the way to the edge of the tyre so if you had it cranked in the wet with no tread then hat off to you. The Corsas i had are nowhere near as good as Pilots or the like in the wet.
Sportecs are like offroad tyres compared to super corsas tread wise!!