Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
Dendrob

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by Dendrob »

Looking at the little sr500 on bike EXIF.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Picking up another 1997, low mileage,blue TRX850 :D
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Cooked dinner without burning it :-)
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Cooked dinner without burning it :-)
Get you you old smoothie :cool2
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

someone from the forum dropped out of a sale for my bike.... telling me it wasn't worth what he was paying....

only to sell it the next day for £200 more...... i told him it was a bargain he was paying for it... :D :D

can't stand time waster who just try to nick things of people

again cheers mate lol
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

Was feeling fed up cos had visitors coming around today so couldn't go out on the bike ...so sneaked out to the shed and started her up ! :D

It's the small things in life ..... :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

stevegringo wrote:Was feeling fed up cos had visitors coming around today so couldn't go out on the bike ...so sneaked out to the shed and started her up ! :D

Hope you used lube and hid the evidence ! Mine a big one ' you can keep the "small" things
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

getting the first week of April off. Its its still snowing, off skiing again. yahoody
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

lloydie wrote:
stevegringo wrote:Was feeling fed up cos had visitors coming around today so couldn't go out on the bike ...so sneaked out to the shed and started her up ! :D

Hope you used lube and hid the evidence ! Mine a big one ' you can keep the "small" things

:thumbup: Always do ! :oops:
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I desperately need a win this week. I have been doing a lot of things at work that I am no good at and I needed to chalk up a "win" on my personal score card. So, I went out in the shop and assembled the Honda Z50. It is not a restoration by any stretch of the imagination and it is not custom (except where broken OEM fittings required a custom application). Most of what I have done has been sourcing parts both new and used. This little bike had been savagely treated. It came with a bent swing arm, a rusted out tank, a seat made from foam and a block of wood, a rotted out exhaust system, the wrong rear wheel and much more. I got it from the local cop who probably took it away from some kid. He said that he could never get it to run. I opened the carb to find the main jet twisted off. (I just ordered a new $20 carb off ebay.) I can say now that it runs and shifts through the gears. The brakes work and it is as safe as I can make it.

I did get my big foot trapped between the shifter and the ground as I was coming to a stop. I was trying to find neutral but the toe of my shoe got pulled back under the bike. I was unable to put my foot down at a stop so I fell over sideways and crashed to the ground. I am sure, if someone had a camera it would have been pretty funny. As for the bike, it runs really well but it smokes pretty badly. This could be from being over full of oil. I checked to make sure it had oil in it but I really need to drain and refill with the correct amount. Plus I had the engine out and I was throwing it around pretty good. There is no telling where the oil, inside, got to.

I am actually pretty happy. It's not perfect but ti runs and moves forward and I can put a check mark in my win column.

Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well done , looks like you saved it and done a good job .
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

My new man cave just arrived :biggrin will keep me busy this weekend

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ckennedy wrote:My new man cave just arrived :biggrin will keep me busy this weekend

Ck' brought a Wendy house lol
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:
Ckennedy wrote:My new man cave just arrived :biggrin will keep me busy this weekend

Ck' brought a Wendy house lol
little does he know this will become the truth :clap:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Big_Jim59 wrote:I desperately need a win this week. I have been doing a lot of things at work that I am no good at and I needed to chalk up a "win" on my personal score card. So, I went out in the shop and assembled the Honda Z50. It is not a restoration by any stretch of the imagination and it is not custom (except where broken OEM fittings required a custom application). Most of what I have done has been sourcing parts both new and used. This little bike had been savagely treated. It came with a bent swing arm, a rusted out tank, a seat made from foam and a block of wood, a rotted out exhaust system, the wrong rear wheel and much more. I got it from the local cop who probably took it away from some kid. He said that he could never get it to run. I opened the carb to find the main jet twisted off. (I just ordered a new $20 carb off ebay.) I can say now that it runs and shifts through the gears. The brakes work and it is as safe as I can make it.

I did get my big foot trapped between the shifter and the ground as I was coming to a stop. I was trying to find neutral but the toe of my shoe got pulled back under the bike. I was unable to put my foot down at a stop so I fell over sideways and crashed to the ground. I am sure, if someone had a camera it would have been pretty funny. As for the bike, it runs really well but it smokes pretty badly. This could be from being over full of oil. I checked to make sure it had oil in it but I really need to drain and refill with the correct amount. Plus I had the engine out and I was throwing it around pretty good. There is no telling where the oil, inside, got to.

I am actually pretty happy. It's not perfect but ti runs and moves forward and I can put a check mark in my win column.

A very nice WIN there Jim :thumbup: I'm sure it must have been very satisfying when she fired up, and even better when you had your first ride.

Well done in saving that little Honda :clap:

Chris.