Datatool Gear Indicator

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Monkey!

Datatool Gear Indicator

Post by Monkey! »

Any fitted one of these to a Firestorm? Someone must have!!

I'm thinking of getting one and wondered what folk thought.

8O

Cheers now
Monkey!

I may be mad but at least I'm not dead. Yet. And long may that be so.
dookie

Post by dookie »

I want one as well so come on someone must have one
There was a time i used to care
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

ive ridden a bike with 1 on and i must say there quite nifty although it did have problems when in neutral and first as to what it should have been displaying. mind you when youre riding hard you dont get time to look down to see what gear youre in so i dont really see the point in them
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I've fitted one and they are brilliant. Make sure you solder the connections or it won't work. I took the feeds from the back of the speedo and these have worked fine these last 2/3 years. No more lock ups dropping into 1st when you thought you were in 3rd!
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

To be honest i think they are only of use for reminding you that you are in 5th and not 6th when bumbling along the m-way. When riding hard you pick the gear according to revs and speed, keeping it above 5,000.
It's here.........
dookie

Post by dookie »

Yes thats what i want it for ! to tell when im in 5th or 6th
I know when im in first :)
There was a time i used to care
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

When I took the Storm out for a test ride to see if I liked it, I was going down the by-pass, just before I got back to the m/cycle shop, at 70ish mph and thought I was in top (6th) only to find out after a quick check that I was actually only in 4th to my amazement :!: That's what happens when you're use to in-line fours :!: :wink: I also found out how easy it is to lock up the back wheel when changing down for a roundabout about 5mins after leaving the shop :!: so I wouldn't say no to a gear indicator :!:
Monkey!

Post by Monkey! »

Pretty much the same reasons I want one. I got used to having one on my BMW and although "obviously" :oops: you should :? know what gear you're in, it's a bit offputting going down the gears for a roundabout and feeling the clunk as you go to 1st rather than 2nd.

I've managed not to do it too often but I did it in the wet on Easter Monday and it snaked like a bugger 8O 8O 8O
Monkey!

I may be mad but at least I'm not dead. Yet. And long may that be so.