Moriwaki VTR on the road at last

General Bike chat
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Excellent Kingster

Looks great 8) 8)
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
DavieMac11

Post by DavieMac11 »

Stunning! Well worth the effort, perseverance and dosh! Well done on building such a unique bike! :)
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

absolutely stunning, id never have imagined those style wheels would suit the storm but they look spot on along with everything else on the bike. top job
kingster

Post by kingster »

did you send a frame to spondon for them to modify ? or did they do a bespoke one for you?.. i really like it .. it looks standard enough to be a real wolf in sheeps clothing
The frame was bought 2nd hand with the mods done and the swinging arm came with it. I had Bob at Spondon do a few other minor bits and had to get a fair bit of machining done to get the rear wheel to fit with the Harris underslung caliper. But at least now the rear wheel is a doddle to fit, as it just drops in and sits there all lined up without the spindle in - sits on recesses in the arm.

As for the wolf in sheep's clothing... he he he :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: too right it is.
curly

Post by curly »

Awesome!!! 8O
Looks great Kingster, nice job.
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

Bike look absolutly stunning.

I love that belly pan, loks much better then mine, alas i cant fund a replacment on vanity grounds alone!!

I love the Storm but im not sure i would ever spend a load of cash on it like that, dare i say i migh rather go for a Millie R.

Have to admit, for me one of the only bikes that would tempt me away os the new ZZr1400, way too much bike but ahhh what a rush.

Good on you, i bet its a great ride.
It's here.........
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

kingster wrote: But at least now the rear wheel is a doddle to fit, as it just drops in and sits there all lined up without the spindle in
Oh oh oh -I'm sorry, I think I've just made a mess on myself :?

Saw a VTR with that swing-arm in PB years ago and have always wanted one since!
Make sure you bring a paddock stand to the dyno day coz I want a go with it!! :lol:

Ben
kingster

Post by kingster »

Ben, if you think I'm carryin a fekin paddock stand strapped to my back all the way from Goerdieland to Lancashire, just so you can play with me quick-change-swinger, then you must be pissed!

However, I'm sure Roger will have something suitable to hand ;-)
monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Very nice work there mate.... 8)

I'll be sending my heads over to Roger in a few months, so he can perform his magic on mine too... its a shame we can't get the Stage 3 set up anymore :x Roger reckons it was good for 150hp+ :twisted:
I like the Ohlins front end...did you have the same fairing clearance problems I had with mine?
The light weight wheels make a huge performance gain too... Aprillia Factory items?
Happiness is a 200kph mono past a Catholic Schoolgirl excursion
kingster

Post by kingster »

monomaster wrote:... its a shame we can't get the Stage 3 set up anymore :x Roger reckons it was good for 150hp+ :twisted:
I like the Ohlins front end...did you have the same fairing clearance problems I had with mine?
The light weight wheels make a huge performance gain too... Aprillia Factory items?
Don't think the 150bhp stage 3 would be practical tho' as it would require too much maintentance. But the stage 1 is no problem reliability-wise (finger's crossed!)

Fairing was no problem, just had to move rads back to get hoses to clear.

Wheels and forks are Aprilia Mille R items, and yep, they do make a huge difference to the handling of the bike, whole thing feels so much lighter and easier to flick about.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

kingster wrote:Ben, if you think I'm carryin a fekin paddock stand strapped to my back all the way from Goerdieland to Lancashire, just so you can play with me quick-change-swinger, then you must be pissed!

However, I'm sure Roger will have something suitable to hand ;-)
OK, I'll let you off that then mate
But hurry up and post some pics of the bars/ clocks/ top yoke and also the swinger coz I'm nearly on the vinegar strokes now!! 8O

Ben
Max

Post by Max »

Lovely bike, I think you have proved that red is the fastest colour now :)
Max

kingster

Post by kingster »

Stormin Ben wrote:OK, I'll let you off that then mate
But hurry up and post some pics of the bars/ clocks/ top yoke and also the swinger coz I'm nearly on the vinegar strokes now!! 8O
He he... well, there's some online showing build up to state prior to getting OZ wheels and Ohlins on, but they show what the Yokes and Swinger look like.

http://www.digitalized.co.uk/vtr/

Get the tissues out :roll:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Must be great to have a real fire in your garage to keep you warm when working on the bike 8O
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

kingster wrote:
Stormin Ben wrote:OK, I'll let you off that then mate
He he... well, there's some online showing build up to state prior to getting OZ wheels and Ohlins on, but they show what the Yokes and Swinger look like.

http://www.digitalized.co.uk/vtr/

Get the tissues out :roll:
Oh dear, I've got a floppy now!! :cry:

Was going great guns til I got to the photo of the frame and rearsets detail when the mural of the gurning ogre you've had painted onto it leapt out at me!! :twisted:

I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!