what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:Have you connected the green connection to the right ones behind the fairing
All the plugs under the clocks in the boots only go in respective sockets. It's impossible to get it wrong even for Marty...unless he hasn't pluged it in... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

been out for a Ride with my mate on His Storm, it was great to get out. My handling after the fettling and putting back as advised for my weight seems ok at the moment. The new tyre is well and truly scrubbed in. It seems a little stiff at the moment but it does seem to return far better.

My mate on his Storm thinks is a tad soft but didn't want to adjust out on the road!!!.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

took it out and gave it a damn good thrashing :Woohoo1:
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

vanstub wrote:took it out and gave it a damn good thrashing :Woohoo1:
as I said... :Finger1:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

as above took the big girl out and give it a dam good spanking and its going great :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Fitted Mac's glorious oil lines, only lost a little bit of oil. Polished it, left the belly pan off for painting by VTR Phoenix and didn't thrash it. Played with the fuel screws for the 75273rd time. Cleaned everything. Contented!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mellis wrote:Fitted Mac's glorious oil lines, only lost a little bit of oil. Polished it, left the belly pan off for painting by VTR Phoenix and didn't thrash it. Played with the fuel screws for the 75273rd time. Cleaned everything. Contented!
Did you remeber the O rings ? :thumbup:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Removed the fairings, replaced all the little lights in the dash with some of these fancy canbus led items, blimey what an improvement!! To be fair the only light working before was the speedo :lol: Can't wait for a night ride to see the illumination!

Gave her a blooming good wash, removed tatty tank pad & knee grips in anticipation of receiving a nice shiny new IOM TT tank pad and better looking knee grips.

Also fitted my new oem SP1 lever kindly sold to me by Robbo10, what a difference!! My SP1 brake setup is FLIPPIN' FANTASTIC NOW!! :)

Just need me some tyres & a general service... oh and I need some help with my fuel mixture screws and carb balance... :-/
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Gave it a gentle ride to cks and back .
Had the call from my engineer regarding my bits are ready for collection (71 years old and still works a Sunday ) I'll pick them up tomorrow and hope to have piggy on both its wheels for the first time ever :-)
wall.j

Post by wall.j »

Visited tony.mon for valve clearance, carb balance and full service. He certainly knows his stuff, and did well to put up with my continuous questions! Top service!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

wall.j wrote:Visited tony.mon for valve clearance, carb balance and full service. He certainly knows his stuff, and did well to put up with my continuous questions! Top service!!

you did well to put up with his continuous jokes :lol:
AMcQ
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

MacV2 wrote:
mellis wrote:Fitted Mac's glorious oil lines, only lost a little bit of oil. Polished it, left the belly pan off for painting by VTR Phoenix and didn't thrash it. Played with the fuel screws for the 75273rd time. Cleaned everything. Contented!
Did you remeber the O rings ? :thumbup:
Oh sh1t!

Yes mate, all four of them :wink:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

changed the front pads in the blade calipers i have to soft compound goldfren.. jesus its like hitting a brick wall now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: a tad chuffed
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

fabiostar wrote:changed the front pads in the blade calipers i have to soft compound goldfren.. jesus its like hitting a brick wall now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: a tad chuffed
Wait till you try decent pads !
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

lloydie wrote:
fabiostar wrote:changed the front pads in the blade calipers i have to soft compound goldfren.. jesus its like hitting a brick wall now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: a tad chuffed
Wait till you try decent pads !
I went for oem Honda in my sp1 calipers, bloody great but not the best when stone cold :wtf:

Do the Goldfrens have a habbit of grinding the discs down quickly? I'm sure I heard that from a couple places.
Jamie :wave: