Ohlins set up?

General Biker Banter
Geordie

Re: Ohlins set up?

Post by Geordie »

reading this with interest. ive got the hydraulic preload adjuster on mine. Can i ask how much movement there should be .. like from fully one way to fully the other way on the preload adjuster .. as far as i can see on mine i get only about six mm of movement at the spring ... seems pityfully small .. all that for just six mil .. im imagining it needs bled or something ?!
cheers
George
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That sounds about right, think the Nitron preload adjuster is about 7mm full stroke, but it makes a big difference if you take a pillion.

Set the static sag with the preload adjuster fully in then you have all the extra preload for when you add luggage or pillion. Also add more rebound damping for extra weight and it's all good
AMcQ
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Actually an Ohlins adjuster should give around 25mm of adjustment or so.

It sounds like the adjuster needs a service.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

popkat wrote:Getting closer to the settings I posted then :roll:

Put a picture up of your tyre, you can't read rebound (well I can't) from the tyre but you can sometimes read compression.
Turns out you know what you are talking about. :lol:

Your setup is what Im at now.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Yeah . I was wondering that .. all that stuff and nearly sixty turns of the preload adjuster and all you get is six mm ..majes the rear go up about a cm and makes naf all difference gotta be something not right. . Be phoning kais on monday see what they say .. more money .. :-/
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Found this link to exact problem we both have AMQ .. gona have a go at this before sending the shock off see if it does the job.

http://www.r1150r.net/board/viewtopic.p ... 2&p=122581

George
CruxGNZ

Post by CruxGNZ »

I should be getting my Ohlins shock back from http://www.tracksidesuspension.com soon. I decided to remove the remote preload adjuster and go wIth a TSE designed aluminum collar (can be seen on the website banner every few seconds). I'm going to give popkat's settings a go when it's installed.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

CruxGNZ wrote:I should be getting my Ohlins shock back from http://www.tracksidesuspension.com soon. I decided to remove the remote preload adjuster and go wIth a TSE designed aluminum collar (can be seen on the website banner every few seconds). I'm going to give popkat's settings a go when it's installed.
Had my bike gone over by Dave Moss earlier in the week. he changed my settings. Will check them on the weekend and post them up.
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Holy thread revival.. could any of you knowledgeable people tell me how many clicks the rebound of and ohlins shock has from full soft to full hard please? Many thanks
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

I've found mine has near thirty odd clicks!! I need to get to a track and experiment.. Can't detect much difference except at the extremes on the road
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Iv counted over 30 and then eventually when going clockwise the clicks stop and the adjuster feels like it is unscrewing. Is this normal? I doubt it is as when I go anti clockwise then I reach a definite stop. Service time soon me thinks. I need to know exactly how many so.I can count back from full soft to where full hard should be and tweak from there
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Yeah mine is the same.. I Haven't looked into it yet.. What direction of rotation is softer? If yourlooking down from above..?
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

Looking down from above anti clockwise is softer and clockwise is harder
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Couple of things. Its not hard and soft, its slow and fast. Ive also found out they are over compression damped for my country. So I can spend heaps to get it re-valved or sell it and buy a Nitron built to my specs.