First post!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
srboss27

First post!

Post by srboss27 »

Hi everyone.
Just wanted to say hello and familiarise myself with the forum. I've had my storm for about a year now and am really looking forward to the summer! I'm happy with my bike. It's so easy to ride and has plenty of go for me when pushing on. I'm wanting to buy some exhaust cans but don't want to spend top end money. Looking on eBay I quite like the look of the Delkevic and MTC cans - has anyone any experience of these brands? Any others to recommend? Also I quite fancy the idea of some 6 spoke rims on mine. I've seen the thread lloydie has one here about the viable straight swap options. Has anyone done this and can vouch for whether it looks much better or not? I've not seen it in the metal and don't really want to part with cash unless I'm sure.
I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture :0/ when I do I think you'll agree I've found a good'un. Dry stored for 9 years. Only done 4,600 miles. Mint!
Wicky

Re: First post!

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Like you i found one that had been put in a garage for about 10 years with less than 5000 miles on it after the previous owner dropped it and locked it away. It's always good to let people know where you are located in case you need help with cct's,r/r and other various modifications as there is an absolute wealth of knowledgeable owners here. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Welcome.
Whether any mod makes it look "better" is subjective- after all, there are plenty of people on Farcebook who seem to think anodised bolts, bar-end tassels, coloured screens, and strobing lights buried in the fairing are a good idea.......it's up to you, and it's you that will be seen riding it.

Whether they're stronger, lighter or assist performance at all, that's a different matter, but if anyone tells you that the mod they have done adds 5 Bhp, ask them for the before and after dyno evidence, because otherwise it's unlikely to be true. (if it was that easy, don't you think that Honda would have done it?) Stick coils is a good example.

Anything can be made to fit, of course, some conversions are just bolt-ons or direct replacements, others need a little work or cost in order to make them fit properly.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club.. If you look here you will see some photos of after I fitted 6 spokes. I think they look better, but they do seam to be more susceptible to getting dents on the rim when you hit potholes

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 75#p342564
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome to forum sir, enjoy :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
redpig

Post by redpig »

Welcome in
ook
redpig

Post by redpig »

AMCQ46 wrote:Welcome to the club.. If you look here you will see some photos of after I fitted 6 spokes. I think they look better, but they do seam to be more susceptible to getting dents on the rim when you hit potholes

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 75#p342564
Aaaah bit bright that
ook
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate. I've got six spokes on mine and I like the appearance of them. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my bike was pumping out a massive 68bhp, then I fitted an aftermarket exhaust system, lightened flywheel -1 front +1 rear sprocket had it dyno'd at 110bhp
happy days...... :thumbup:

oh and I also corrected the timing by 180 degree's.......... :oops:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:my bike was pumping out a massive 68bhp, then I fitted an aftermarket exhaust system, lightened flywheel -1 front +1 rear sprocket had it dyno'd at 110bhp
happy days...... :thumbup:

oh and I also corrected the timing by 180 degree's.......... :oops:
Ha ha I still have the Dyno sheet somewhere that it scribbled your name in it lol
redpig

Post by redpig »

Have a listen to some Beowulfs. Perfect
ook
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard sir :D On my second MTC now! Good value IMO :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin