speedo seems way out

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
baycat

speedo seems way out

Post by baycat »

my speedo seems to be about 10mph to fast at high speed. any ideas as to why. thanks ken.
Wicky

Re: speedo seems way out

Post by Wicky »

Sprockets aren't standard?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Watty

Post by Watty »

baycat wrote:my speedo seems to be about 10mph to fast at high speed. any ideas as to why. thanks ken.
10% high is normal on most vehicles unless it's GPS controlled, which is generally high end vehicles!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mines on standard gearing, so if you think yours is, we could run them side by side up the A10 for comparison purposes if you like
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
baycat

Post by baycat »

Wicky wrote:Sprockets aren't standard?
I have a spare front sprocket that came with bike which is 16 tooth which I assume will be standard.
baycat

Post by baycat »

Kev L wrote:Mines on standard gearing, so if you think yours is, we could run them side by side up the A10 for comparison purposes if you like
yes thanks kev that would be good but you will have to message when as I cannot message you due to forum rules. thanks ken.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

baycat wrote:
Kev L wrote:Mines on standard gearing, so if you think yours is, we could run them side by side up the A10 for comparison purposes if you like
yes thanks kev that would be good but you will have to message when as I cannot message you due to forum rules. thanks ken.
Your 6 posts short of the magic number...say something !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
baycat

Post by baycat »

Watty wrote:
baycat wrote:my speedo seems to be about 10mph to fast at high speed. any ideas as to why. thanks ken.
10% high is normal on most vehicles unless it's GPS controlled, which is generally high end vehicles!
thanks watty
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i tried mine with a satnav and at the ton the satnav was reading 94 8O
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

Mine reads 100mph at 5,000 in top gear, no idea if that is 'normal' but it feels much less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bike wants a new home
baycat

Post by baycat »

fabiostar wrote:i tried mine with a satnav and at the ton the satnav was reading 94 8O
is that with standard sprockets
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

I fitted a DRD speedo healer and set it with GPS. Now its bang on.

I convert it to read in KPH as the bike is MPH. Obviously to speedo has MPH still written on it. Somebody thought I was doing 200mph on one of my vids. :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote:i tried mine with a satnav and at the ton the satnav was reading 94 8O
mine is on std sprockets and is about 10% high compared to GPS.......... helps give some safety margin when [if] I am trying to adhere to speed limits or spot a camera.
AMcQ
baycat

Post by baycat »

AMCQ46 wrote:
mine is on std sprockets and is about 10% high compared to GPS.......... helps give some safety margin when [if] I am trying to adhere to speed limits or spot a camera.
thanks for update, something tells me you have a big problem trying to adhere to speed limits
baycat

Post by baycat »

NZSpokes wrote:I fitted a DRD speedo healer and set it with GPS. Now its bang on.

I convert it to read in KPH as the bike is MPH. Obviously to speedo has MPH still written on it. Somebody thought I was doing 200mph on one of my vids. :lol:
what the hell is a drd speedo healer sounds like a religious sect.