possible bike change

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

Re: possible bike change

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:I'm getting over 50 mpg and have a little over 140 ponies to play with. Play your cards right and you might get offered a test ride ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sounds good pete, I couldn't afford a new bike tho, how much are they secondhand?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Pan euro
Or why not a BMW what megrgor rode round world on
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

anyone got any views on a zzr1200, the 1100 was a reliable and powerful bike, I doubt the handling that good, plenty of power tho, economy and fuel range aren't very good.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

I don't get this ZZR reliability, rose tinted glasses I think, they were powerful for their day and fairly fast but build quality was sh1t and they're heavy, the 1200 was a bit better but not great and didn't last that long. you can do better.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popkat wrote:I don't get this ZZR reliability, rose tinted glasses I think, they were powerful for their day and fairly fast but build quality was sh1t and they're heavy, the 1200 was a bit better but not great and didn't last that long. you can do better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm having a good search mate, have time on my side. the one thing I might have to concede is the handling.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

FJR1300

example
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-YAMAHA-F ... SwM0FXIeQ9

2001-2004 bike the lightest, Nitron shock and they handle better than you'd think, pair of cans and the sound good, 140 odd hp they go well.

Last edited by popkat on Sun May 01, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:anyone got any views on a zzr1200, the 1100 was a reliable and powerful bike, I doubt the handling that good, plenty of power tho, economy and fuel range aren't very good.
That's nearly as fugly as a Busa :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
macdee

Post by macdee »

i knew i had seen this before its a Dr. Jumba Jookiba motorbike

Watty wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:anyone got any views on a zzr1200, the 1100 was a reliable and powerful bike, I doubt the handling that good, plenty of power tho, economy and fuel range aren't very good.
That's nearly as fugly as a Busa :lol:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

My mate has one Marty, it does tramp on but the Handling is a bit pants and seems to take ages to turn, he has just bought a new Nitron shock though. The paints thin on the Wheels etc and the forks seem soft to me, but he has used it to go the France for the last 5 years and says its reliable. Ive looked as you know for something before deciding to keep the CB. My test ride on the CB1300 was good and as a mile muncher and smooth i was impressed. Had to lean a bit to get it over though but once there it seemed planted. Build quality was bob on.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

My Cousin had a ZZR and used it everyday to commute from Cardiff to Swindon. He put a silly amount of miles on it and never had a problem, he loved it.. On the other hand, that FJR is a hell of a lot of bike for not much money. They are both big mile munchers but a bit heavy in the handling department. Depends what your top priority is really, it's always difficult to get the best of all worlds, it's all a trade off

PS not many secondhand GSXS's about yet so they are still holding pretty big prices.
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

[quote="PS not many secondhand GSXS's about yet so they are still holding pretty big prices.[/quote]

I had a look and only found a few around the 8k region
it'll be a few years before the prices drop..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
redpig

Post by redpig »

Nothing wrong with the Kwak, my colleague had one for years and he didn't hang about. FJR niether they're both bullet proof will go forever.
Handling schmandling, you Colin Edwards?
ook
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I think that any bike that you choose Marty, you have to consider putting some money into it so it meets your high expectations.

Before I got the CBF it looked around at the K series bimmers, they are pricey, but the 1200 aren't too bad but cost when things go wrong.

FJR is a stunning bike, but only 5 gears the new one has caught up with a 6 speed box.

I only bought the CBF cause the example I bought has Ohlins rear shock, upgraded gel touring seat, MRA adjustable screen and at the time heated grips(they have since been removed) and the GT pack(full hard luggage and top box)

I wouldn't have bought it unless I was prepared to put these extras on it.

its a 2008 mk1 with 30k on cost just over £3k,

The shop had a standard blue one with 5k miles less same year, no top box but hard panniers for £500 more than I paid.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I make you right bazza, no doubt what ever I buy I will throw money at it. as things stand today the Yamaha fz1 is looking like it could be the bike.
tomorrow I will probably change my mind.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'd get a shocj sprung to my weight, possibly fork springs as well. comfy seat, good screen, I don't do cold weather, so the heated grips won't be needed :lol:
I want a bike that's going to be fun, but practical, ride several hundred miles without feeling beat up. give half decent fuel economy with half decent range.
don't want much do I.... :wink:

something like this would be nice.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-YAMAHA-F ... Sw2GlXGyUA
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Sounds like you want an R1200 mate :wink:

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement