ram air

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dendrob

Re: ram air

Post by Dendrob »

8541Hawk wrote:I'm another one who will say it is not worth the effort to get it to work.
With that I can pass on one jetting tip. One of the things they did on the ram air nike was plug the air bleed and run smaller main jets. This was done because the changing pressure in the airbox played havoc with the CV carbs. :thumbup:
What would happen if you vented the underside of the diaphragm to the front of the bike? Right alongside the ram air openings.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

You would have to spend time replacing the diaphragms that got nailed by bees hitting them. :lol:
Stepkevh

Post by Stepkevh »

Dendrob wrote:
You're saying 18 to 30 can be had from ram air alone? In other words from the extra air pressure alone? Takes some believing.

Ram air seems to throw up an interesting paradox. The extra air pressure generated from speed gives you more power. But how do you get to that speed in the first place? :think:
Maybe turbocharger is an answer :lol:
~ Imagination is only limited by your mind ~
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

I looked into this a while back, I was going to splice a CBR f2 ram air to the VTR air box.

If you do as Stephan recommends & get it to 110bhp. More than enough power for 150mph & on the throttle wheelies :D

Top tip. Get it on a rolling road, read as much as you can on what other people have done on this exceptional forum & make 110bhp your target.

Forget about ram air matey, more hassle than its worth :thumbup:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

You may get to 18-30... if you get it up to 300 mph, in which case power wouldn't really be a problem anyhow.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

so after living with it for a while, ive removed it for now...

it was a lot more responsive on the throttle and pulled a lot harder squiffy can confirm this when i came past him sat up at over 150 (kmh) but cruising at high speed is dreadful, jerky and bogs runs like poop. its fine under 40-50 but over that it takes far too much air.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're saying 18 to 30 can be had from ram air alone?
Club 18 -30

https://www.club18-30.com/ :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside