Water pump bearing

General Bike chat
monkeymatt

Water pump bearing

Post by monkeymatt »

I've stripped some casings ready for a re fresh but I'm struggling to find a replacement water pump bearing and associated parts to refit.
Any ideas where I may find any many thanks
popkat

Re: Water pump bearing

Post by popkat »

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/51 ... water-pump

Number 11 ?, no stock at Fowlers but looks like it could be a fairly common bearing, maybe someone has a case off and can look at the bearing number then just get it at a local bearing factor.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

Cheers popkat :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces- ... STORM.html

Try David Silvers if you want genuine Honda (Use the search by part number and copy paste the Honda part no) or as suggested find a local bearing distributor and take the old one in for them to match (BEARING, RADIAL BALL, 6200) (10x30x9mm ?) Should be a third / half the price of Honda, and they should be able to supply the corresponding oil seal as well.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote:http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces- ... STORM.html

Try David Silvers if you want genuine Honda (Use the search by part number and copy paste the Honda part no) or as suggested find a local bearing distributor and take the old one in for them to match (BEARING, RADIAL BALL, 6200) (10x30x9mm ?) Should be a third / half the price of Honda, and they should be able to supply the corresponding oil seal as well.
+1 There will be a bearing factors somewhere near you. I used Kent bearings in Strood when I did a swingarm refresh, what they didn't have on the self they orderd in & was ther in a few days.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

Many thanks guys .
I went to a local bearing place near me £3.89 for the bearing while I was there I brought a set of ceramic bearings for the dymag wheels.
All I got to do now is replace the mechanical seal for the w/pump. I did briefly consider an electronic water pump but got lost in the depths of it all so I'll stick to the std wp
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

monkeymatt wrote:Many thanks guys .
I went to a local bearing place near me £3.89 for the bearing while I was there I brought a set of ceramic bearings for the dymag wheels.
All I got to do now is replace the mechanical seal for the w/pump. I did briefly consider an electronic water pump but got lost in the depths of it all so I'll stick to the std wp
I have a 2nd hand impeller with a good ceramic seal if you need one.

How much were the ceramic bearings?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

tony.mon wrote:
monkeymatt wrote:Many thanks guys .
I have a 2nd hand impeller with a good ceramic seal if you need one.

How much were the ceramic bearings?

I'll bear that in mind Tony :thumbup:
Ceramic bearings total of 4 bearings £67