Breaking Tony.mon's Storm

Moderator: VTRDark

tony.mon

Re: Breaking Tony.mon's Storm

Post by tony.mon »

ebenviljoen wrote:Sent you a PM bout the headers mate, ill take them off your hands :thumbup:
PM'd, with c3ontrol with 2nd dibs if you decide not.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Next up, a set of crankcase casings, clutch cover and alternator cover, clad in Carbonadi's finest Kevlar and carbon covers.
As you can see from the pics, the covers are nice and thick, so will save the engine and cases if you drop it. Highly recommended for track action but very useful on the road too, as they will not leave you stranded in a puddle of oil by the roadside after a drop.
Bear in mind you can recoup some of the cost by selling your own covers. The clutch side generally goes for 75-85, factor in what a set of covers will cost you and these are nearly free....well, nearly- I'm after £150 plus postage.

These come with a full stainless bolt set, and the alternator stator (known good) is included as is the water pump impeller, so you don't need to swap yours over.

There's one small mark where the lower section of the fairing touched one of the covers, but because of that you can't see it as the fairing touches it!
It's less noticeable than the pic seems to show, and I suspect that you could sand and lacquer to remove it if you wanted to.
Look how thick that Kevlar is!
The mark on the alt cover:

If no takers they'll go on the Bay of Despair next weekend. :lol:
Last edited by tony.mon on Mon May 30, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
ebenviljoen

Post by ebenviljoen »

tony.mon wrote:
ebenviljoen wrote:Sent you a PM bout the headers mate, ill take them off your hands :thumbup:
PM'd, with c3ontrol with 2nd dibs if you decide not.
Received PM Tony, ill have them mate. Ive sent you a new PM
hawky

Post by hawky »

tony.mon wrote:Next up, a set of crankcase casings, clutch cover and alternator cover, clad in Carbonadi's finest Kevlar and carbon covers.
As you can see from the pics, the covers are nice and thick, so will save the engine and cases if you drop it. Highly recommended for track action but very useful on the road too, as they will not leave you stranded in a puddle of oil by the roadside after a drop.
Bear in mind you can recoup some of the cost by selling your own covers. The clutch side generally goes for 75-85, factor in what a set of covers will cost you and these are nearly free....well, nearly- I'm after £150 plus postage.

These come with a full stainless bolt set, and the alternator stator (known good) is included as is the water pump impeller, so you don't need to swap yours over.

There's one small mark where the lower section of the fairing touched one of the covers, but because of that you can't see it as the fairing touches it!
It's less noticeable than the pic seems to show, and I suspect that you could sand and lacquer to remove it if you wanted to.
Look how thick that Kevlar is!
The mark on the alt cover:

If no takers they'll go on the Bay of Despair next weekend. :lol:
Can i put my name on these please tony as per convo :thumbup:
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Hi. Say do you still have the :-
If you just need one for recovering, I have another in not so good condition, stitching starting to go, £35 posted.
seat for sale?

If its still available can I see a piccy please?

Thanks.