what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

All of that beautiful countryside and you still manage to get a bin in the shot!!!!! At least it matches the bike I suppose.
Bike looks .........yellow and ni.......ni..........nic........ No sorry can't bring myself to say it. :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Bike looks .........yellow and ni.......ni..........nic........ No sorry can't bring myself to say it. :lol:
:wink: :lol:

I'll have to say it for you Kev, great photo the last one 8) and your bike is looking very nice :thumbup:

Chris.
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

I changed my tyres at the weekend. A set of decent levers was the same cost as a tyre change so they're all free from now on. Getting them off the bead with only the levers took some trying, but all done and balanced now!

I then snapped a brake disc bolt so couldn't go out and enjoy the sun :( Bolt extracted though, waiting on a new set and it'll be all good. Oh and I replaced the rear wheel bearings while it was out as one was knocking slightly, all good and solid now :thumbup:
Last edited by TravisZack on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Rode it like I stole it yesterday :D

Cleaned it like id been caught today :lol:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Removed the old optimate charger connector and replaced with a new shiny Ctek cable with flashing LED to show the status if the battery on the CBF.

Next will be to buy 22mm copper tube, and retrofit a satnav bracket that bridges across under the screen using the top screen fixings.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

kev64 wrote:Rode it like I stole it yesterday :D

Cleaned it like id been caught today :lol:

its looking smart now kev :thumbup:
AMcQ
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Got some matching green (I hope) decals coming for the tank
and tailpiece, in all 30 quid at the printing shop,
Gotta respray the tank though as I aint happy, but white is
an easy colour to spray out of a rattle can, just as well, coz I'm shite at it !!

There is lots I aint happy with though, but its staying like this,
for this year !

Coz I just wanna ride it now
kev64

Post by kev64 »

The decals will be red not green :thumbup:
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

Hugger from Stu arrived today, the bracket was rusty so I attacked it with the belt sander/grinder. Next up will be a go with the rotary tool and a wire brush. Then it should be ready for paint.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I have been neglecting the storm recently as other things in my life have been getting in the way (hopefully I shall report on that later in the week).

Anyway I was due to MOT her a month ago but I just haven't had a chance. Lunch time today I looked out the window at work and the sun was shining so I thought fcuk it said to my boss that I was taking the afternoon off and came home.

Bike wasn't booked in anywhere for the MOT but there is a place about 15 miles or so where you just drive in without an appointment and they do it there and then. So gave them a call to say I was on my way (just incase I got stopped by plod) and off I went.

By heck it was good to get out on the bike again. I took it easy on the way making sure that the brakes were being nicely warmed up for the rolling road. Rocked up to the MOT centre and there was nobody waiting in front of me,result!
Guy says will be about 40 mins or so till it's ready. So I cross the road to a nice little patisserie and get a coffee and some cake and watch the world go by. As I was sitting watching I noticed that pretty much everyone stopped to have a look at the storm and admire the elegance of the 18 year old girl :lol:

Watched the MOT tester take her in. It was nice to hear the cans from someone else's perspective for a change, by God they sound good.

Anyway the good news is that she passed with no advisories and I have a brand spanking new ticket for another year. I must admit i do like the ride home after a passed MOT test, its somewhat more spirited than the ride there

The bike waiting to go in is in the background. The latte and carrot cake was amazing.

Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Glad to hear shes fit again for another year.
No get out and ride her... she deserves it. You still working up in Perth, or have they ground you down yet. Must catch up for a brew and talking baldrocks soon, say at Lex toll.

This sun is pissing me right off as I don't have enough time to do everything. drove up to Inverness and I think every bike in Europe is up here, saying that, some are rather damp if they were in Avimore about 4pm.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yum yum carrot cake, get out there and enjoy your bike jazza..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:yum yum carrot cake, get out there and enjoy your bike jazza..... :thumbup:
Think I would of stayed for a second slice !!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Been rubbing down my headers all day. It amazing what some 180 grit and bit of elbow grease can do.

Not finished yet. I will have the 320 grit out tomorrow.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ooooh love those headers carl :thumbup: .

all i done to mine was cover it in dead flies.LOTS of dead flies.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: