wheelies.. why do i go left or wobble?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
alanfjones1411

Re: wheelies.. why do i go left or wobble?

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Wicky wrote:Q wheelies.. why do i go left or wobble?

A http://growingupboys.info/Answers2010/09-07a.html

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
redpig

Post by redpig »

From the above information it follows that the right testicle is the cause of the problem
the subject is forced to 'lean to the left' to avoid compressing the larger testicle on the right.
ook
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

i shall plead insanity :D

but yeah im sure my left nut is bigger than the right, explains it!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I wonder if the amount of fuel in the tank could have an effect. Presuumably you don't try and wheelie about with a completely full tank but if half-empty could it slosh around causing the bike to wobble around like a beer jelly belly....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slosh_dynamics
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
geodude

Post by geodude »

Relax your arms more, sit centre, upright, gripping the tank with your knees. Do not yank the bars at all. See how you get on.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
redpig

Post by redpig »

could it be caused by using the rear brake to keep the nose down,
Or body movement during gear change?
ook
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I completely suck at wheelies, so I don't even try, and I scare myself when they accidentally happen.

I also ride an old man's bike, a Honda ST1100 (which I also don't do wheelies on) and I'm finding that I constantly clout my right knee on the back of the fairing, but I have an inch or more spare on the left. AFAIK my legs match (and I have a right and a left so that's good) and the bike is straight, so it has to be down to me sitting crooked. I'd have sworn that wasn't the case but the evidence is against me. Maybe your drifting to one side is something similar, I'd suggest you try shifting your butt across the seat a little and see what happens. YMMV.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

geodude wrote:Relax your arms more, sit centre, upright, gripping the tank with your knees. Do not yank the bars at all. See how you get on.
+1

When wheeling the dirtbike, this is exactly what you do, unless its a stand up wheelie, but even then the concept is the same.
If you yank on the bars to pull it up, you will ALWAYS pull off centre which is magnified once the front wheel is at the balance point.
Leaving you to do whatever you can to correct it. Which generally gets you all kinds of crossed up to keep it straight.

The weight and mass of a VTR, would only make things harder i would feel.
In saying that, i hardly find the VTR a wheelie friendly bike at the best of times.
Too heavy and short on revs and power.... or maybe i'm just sh1t :)
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
roasty_duck

Post by roasty_duck »

taken what youve said onboard, i will shift my butt to the right and see what happens, its okay on roads that go round to the left as i can stay up longer on bends lol, though usually i start in the right hand lane and end up in the left!

vtr is more than adequate for long wheelies, yesterday i managed about 0,8 miles on the back wheel, started in 2nd straight to 3rd and up into 4th at the balance point, however i run out of road, it went pretty straight and felt fine, i did another and when going into 5th it just dropped down so 4th seems to be about the limit at the moment.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Funny, this guy goes left also
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.