clutch help

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
xxxrated

clutch help

Post by xxxrated »

ive had the bit off by the sprocket cover for about 2-3 weeks and now ive put it on i have no clutch which made for a fun ride shall we say 8O i was speaking to the guy down the bike shop and he said this may have beem becasue theres a ball bearing that sits inbetween the push rod and the piston, the problwem is that i cleaned so much crap out of that area i dont know if there ever was 1.
can anyone confirm is there is a ball bearing there or not. ive also tried bleeding it with no luck.
alan

clutch

Post by alan »

Hi xxxrated
i had a similar problem i have been working on a friends thunderace converting to a streetfighter for the last couple of months.

When i tried to ride it and selecting first gear the bike cut out and jumped forward as though i stalled it dont know if this is your problem or you can not select at all.

I bled the clutch and cleaned out the slave cylinder lubed it and then it was fine
Alan
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

hi, ye same problem to get it going ive gotta run with the bike in neutral then jump on and kick it into gear lol. ive changed the fluid and bled it and also gave the slave cylinder a bit of a clean but didnt fully strip it and lube it. i think i may have to give that a bash tomorow
alan

clutch

Post by alan »

Yes i had to bump it but i left it in second i just thought the plates might have gone off a bit with it not being used for a while then i did the rest and it worked fine hope you get it sorted soon
Alan
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Doesnt show a ball bearing on the parts diagram, but i do remember a similar question on hwere a while ago :roll: . Someone will know ! :D

https://vheissu.mersenne.com/superhawk/E__0700.gif