what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

Mav617 wrote:Sold them (2xTRX850), went on holiday, now looking for another Storm, watch this space :D
Glad they sold mate. Have a word with Mac, he may have a spare storm tucked away somewhere! :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

changed the bars i just bought for the storm because they just didnt feel right, but robbed the divvie bars which suited it better.

Image :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I had a little go last night at swapping the sprockets and chain on my little 600 commuter.
The front sprocket was just little rounded nubs rather than teeth- (it'll come to us all...) but then:

Apparently it fit's Hornets.
I had to buy a new chain a bit longer, and then I'll have to return the short one for a refund.

Sadly I have to use the Sp2 for commuting duties until it's fixed. It's not happy.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:I had a little go last night at swapping the sprockets and chain on my little 600 commuter.
The front sprocket was just little rounded nubs rather than teeth- (it'll come to us all...) but then:

Apparently it fit's Hornets.
I had to buy a new chain a bit longer, and then I'll have to return the short one for a refund.

Sadly I have to use the Sp2 for commuting duties until it's fixed. It's not happy.....
Always knew you were a few links short Tony...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

had a ride out last night with the Missus. She done like riding at Night, she was well twitchy. had a good trip though another 120 miles. Gel seats are just soon comfy.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Fitted relays, wired directly to the battery, to power a hi-zoot Osram headlight bulb.

Might be able to see when the sun goes down....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Bought a 51 plate, bog standard teal (!) Storm and rode it home from London - put it in the garage and now vegging out :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yesterday I took the part-worn but still good Racetec's off the Sp2, as I can't get enough heat into them on the roads to get the benefit.
I've stuck a pair of Sportsmart 2's on, and new pads all round.
Vesrah, not as good as the Bendix pads I had on there before, but they're not bedded in yet, so I'll give them a chance.
I have a set of part-used Brembo pads to go on as well, to give them a try.

And on the little 600 commuter I finally gave in and fitted a set of sprockets and a chain.
I had my money's worth out of the old ones, though:

This set should see the bike out, as it has a scotoiler fitted. The front sprocket lasted well enough- it's a standard Honda one with the sound deadener rubbers. They didn't deaden the sound of the chain jumping over the stubs of the teeth when pulling away all last week, though!.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Neu Red got some Luv today...

Pulled the rear wheel out to give the rear end a good clean, zort's off, sprocket cover all de- glooped inc the chain.

Had a play with the shock, cant get anywhere near the recomended 8mm of static sag, but wound on some preload as it was really soft... :crazy:

Needs a good clean & polish ready to get covered in Welsh crap next weekend... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
redpig

Post by redpig »

Mav617 wrote:Bought a 51 plate, bog standard teal (!) Storm and rode it home from London - put it in the garage and now vegging out :beer:
Teal is as Teal does which is slow
ook
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

redpig wrote:
Mav617 wrote:Bought a 51 plate, bog standard teal (!) Storm and rode it home from London - put it in the garage and now vegging out :beer:
Teal is as Teal does which is slow
Ha, suits me then RP.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

rode to weymouth to watch the "Iron man " competition, then rode home after a gloriously hot day.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Any good or where some of them a bit rusty :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Instead of waiting for a set of carbon Arrow cans to pop up, I decided I would make my own instead, so I re-sleeved and re-packed my current Arrows.

Sure, they're not 'genuine' carbon Arrows, but it's only the sleeve. I've wanted this look since powder coating the frame and they now sound much better thanks to the re-pack, so I'm happy :thumbup:
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Crashed it at donington park. Low side crash at McLeans on spilled coolant.
I'm ok and the bike has cosmetic damage. More annoyed at the hole in my leathers.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk