what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Hate it when you crash and it was out of your control... Glad you are ok but it's a shame about the ZXR, it was pretty
AMcQ
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

Stuffed it into a load of bushes/trees :redface :thumbdown:
managed to ride bike home slowly as i snapped the left clip-on [ the spring on the forks held it in place]
Frank and Mac have most of what i need but left hand fairing is fubr anyone have 1 black preferred but not fussy
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

TravisZack wrote:Instead of waiting for a set of carbon Arrow cans to pop up, I decided I would make my own instead, so I re-sleeved and re-packed my current Arrows.

Sure, they're not 'genuine' carbon Arrows, but it's only the sleeve. I've wanted this look since powder coating the frame and they now sound much better thanks to the re-pack, so I'm happy :thumbup:
You done a good job there. Packing makes a big difference and you should get a deeper tone tone too, especially if you managed to pack more densely at the link pipe end where it's hotter. Please tell me you used loose fill instead of one of those silly rolls. I rescued the Silent Sport packing out of my Arata's before they where scrapped. The packing was only a couple of months old, so this will be going in the Two brothers when I get the chance. I also rescued the end cap's as I am hoping they will fit the two brothers and I can get rid of the oval ones on there. Black cans and Black frame looks good, so much better than the silver :thumbup:

Bad luck templ8 :( and I can totally understand the disappointed with the leathers. :thumbdown:

Vanstub :thumbdown:

Two crash reports on the forum in one day WTF.
==============================Enter the Darkside
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

cybercarl wrote:Please tell me you used loose fill instead of one of those silly rolls.
I used the rolls :silent:

I was looking at the Acousta-Fil Boa and various loose fill stuff as I thought it would make more sense, but it all became a bit confusing as to how much I'd need. Even though they're oval pipes it filled out pretty well and the stuff expands with heat on first use to fill out the gaps. I did make sure it was nice and tight against the link pipe end and they definitely sound better, it's taken away the harshness that had developed.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

TBH with you the rolls are not all bad. They are very convenient and a lot cheaper. It's a bit like stopper mod or manuals. The main thing is that you have healthy Packing and heat wont generate to the point of blowing a hole through the carbon. I have done a lot of research into exhaust theory, packing and sound control. I did have a fantastic in depth explanation of various ways of controlling sound via the type of packing and the way it's packed somewhere, but all I can find right now amongst my bookmarks is the following which may come across as a bit of a sales pitch but it's not.

http://areapnolimits.com/products/Muffler-Packing.php
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

TravisZack wrote:cybercarl wrote:Please tell me you used loose fill instead of one of those silly rolls.
Roof insulation every time for me :lol:

Packed like a cannon, it's surprising how much you can fit in.

Pop to a builders center & ask if they have a fork truck damaged roll :wink:

For the first 100 miles it smelt of house fire but it's all good now :lol:

3000 hard miles & all good :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

for the last 5 days I've been hooning around spain with friends.
what a laugh, I've even managed to wear out my rear tyre.... :(
we've seen racetracks, castles, breathe taking scenery, eaten in great restaurants and much more. sadly it's the last day tomorrow.
here's a few pictures of the trip.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah? Well, big boy, I still have your IOM tee shirt and will be sticking a couple of poles in ( I know- I'll have to Czech it fits...) and use it as a tent.
Now stop using up all the good weather before we get to Wales, there's a love.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:Yeah? Well, big boy, I still have your IOM tee shirt and will be sticking a couple of poles in ( I know- I'll have to Czech it fits...) and use it as a tent.
hahahaha I forgot all about that mate, i'll collect it in a few weeks when I get back to the uk. enjoy the wales trip, and get saving for a spain trip, you won't regret it.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Yeah? Well, big boy, I still have your IOM tee shirt and will be sticking a couple of poles in ( I know- I'll have to Czech it fits...) and use it as a tent.
hahahaha I forgot all about that mate, i'll collect it in a few weeks when I get back to the uk. enjoy the wales trip, and get saving for a spain trip, you won't regret it.... :thumbup:
And end up as trailer trash?
I'd rather ride it.....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Pete is looking rather dapper in that pic and all the bikes look cool. What's going on with your top box Mart, it's all wonky.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Pete is looking rather dapper in that pic and all the bikes look cool. What's going on with your top box Mart, it's all wonky.
Ditchitus I beleive... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Just whipped the carbs off & wound each pilot screw in 1 turn = 1 1/2 out front & 1 3/4 out rear.

Really running well with these new carbs fitted. All that goofing around with the old carbs has got me thinking they were worn out 8O

Also tightened the rear manual cam chain tensioner 1/4 of a turn = no more chain tinkle :D

Just need the clutch to stop rattling now :roll:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Fitted a double bubble screen to deflect more of the sheets of rain in Wales, hopefully.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

tony.mon wrote:Fitted a double bubble screen to deflect more of the sheets of rain in Wales, hopefully.
From my experiences going to tend you will need a Windscreen from a Transit bolted on!. I do hope you all have a good trip though chaps :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!