damper for firestorm

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
plugno1

damper for firestorm

Post by plugno1 »

Hi can any one help i would like to get a top mount damper for my firestorm it is a 97 p reg i was thinking of getting a GPR but they dont do one for the fire storm :idea: thanks Plugno1
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

Do you mind me asking why you want a damper fitted? The storm doesnt really shake its head that much? Why not try sorting the front forks first? its much cheaper, and you will REALLY notice the difference.

Damper on a storm is just for looks inmo.
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
alan

steering damper

Post by alan »

I have a wp steering damper on mine it was on it when i got the bike and i have only ever ridden it once without it,not very far though but i prefer it with one i have it set quite high as i prefer the steering to be alittle stiff if you see what i mean.
But now i have just fitted 929 front end on i havent tried the bike yet with or with out as its still not finished .The damper will still fit as it had a shim in for the storm forks.But i was just on ebay and there is one for the 929 which fit across the yokes but dont know if i could mount this.It mounts through the top yoke nut then the other end has a bracket but where this mounts i dont know if anyone does please tell
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

the forks as stock are appauling. mine wanted to tankslapper all the time and i had 1 nasty 1 which nearly had me off. if you have the cash get your forks sent off to revolution racing. best thing ive ever done
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Plug,
An across the yoke type one won't fit the standard storm coz the bars are mounted strangely and get in the way. However, if you've got different bars etc its possible

Alan,
Have you got the 929 yoke as well?
If so the std 929 damper fitting kit should fit, although you'll possibly have to modify the fitting arm (the bit that bolts under the tank mounting bolts and points out sideways)as the bolt centre may be different on the blade
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
Max

Post by Max »

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/matris2004.htm

This lot do one "916 style" which I assume is accross the yoke type.

http://www.carpimoto.it/content/prod/l_ ... or_red.htm

should show a picky
Max

alan

steering damper

Post by alan »

Hi Ben yes i have complete 929 front end and fancy across the yoke damper although my wp damper will still fit without any probs.
The damper on ebay is an arrow its start price is not cheap at 150 but if it doesnt sell may get it cheaper i can dream :D
thanks Alan

Ps. just looked on the links Max yes they look the biz the arm just bolts onto the tank so maybe i could fabricate a bracket or is it possible to get a fitting kit for my own damper to fit across the yokes?
Alan
plugno1

Post by plugno1 »

Thanks everyone for your help.

xxxrated do you know how much it cost to get forks done and do you have a contact no for revolution racing :lol: