Whens the time to get a new Job?

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Re: Whens the time to get a new Job?

Post by StormingHonda »

Well the company I am in I have worked for 23 years. I can never knock the company they have given me the opportunity to earn good honest money, and when things didn't look good offered to keep me ( and all the workers in the plant ) or pay them a very good separation package.

The job is boring, repetitive and involves shift work, and to be honest I may only be 42 but I am beginning to feel it, I feel tired and worn out and ache when I am on shift, the night shift kills me, the day shift I can't get my body used to because of the shift work, its only late shift that I feel okay doing. To be fair on the estate there are better jobs, much easier and less restricting, a little drop in pay, but now I'm thinking what the hell, I need to slow down the pace.

In 16 years I will be able to retire, I won't even look at my figures as I know the pension will be good ( 39 years pension ) I am looking forward to retiring, but at the same time I really don't want to wish my life away, after 40 things start to go wrong with your health and it doesn't get any better, especially when my dad died at the age of 61 earlier this year, kind of puts things into perspective.

Only thing I know, is there aren't many people who enjoy their job, out there.

I've always said if I won the lottery I would take a risk and open an Indian motorcycle dealers, working with motorcycles would be a job I would love, but working as a mechanic or salesman isn't going to earn the sort of money I pull in now.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i have an interview on Thursday and 1 Tomorrow night
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sounds positive :thumbup:
Good luck! :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Ta. actually today they have agreed that i can have a manager at each Workshop, yahoo but 6 months too late really. however i will wait and see, if anything comes up better i will be off sharpish.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have made some applications but not heard anything. :roll: Knowing my luck they will all reply at once leaving me not knowing what to do. That's where I went wrong last time. Flipped a coin and made the wrong decision. What pisses me off with job advertisements is the false advertising and very little informative info. It always favours the employer rather than the employee. I suspect with the kind of positions you going for things may be diffrent but one never truly knows what a job, environment and colleagues are going to be like until they try it. By then one has possibly cut all ties with the previous employer so can't go back. Basically what I am trying to say is if you can leave on a freindly basis then do so in case you need to revert back if needs be.

I'm so good at giving advice but sh1t at taking my own advice. :lol:

Fingers crossed for you Paul. Hopefully you find something that is right for you :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Turns out that the best time to get a new job isn't just after you find out you're likely to lose your license....
Just had to withdraw from the final interview with one other candidate as I can't get there on public transport.
But I can get to my current one fairly easily, so I'll stay for the moment.
Ah, Well, at least I won't have to deal with the Dartford crossing twice each day.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thats a bummer Tony. I hope the licence thing isn't too harsh.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

tony.mon wrote:Turns out that the best time to get a new job isn't just after you find out you're likely to lose your license....
Just had to withdraw from the final interview with one other candidate as I can't get there on public transport.
Ah, Well, at least I won't have to deal with the Dartford crossing twice each day.
Why you losing your license. speeding?.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormingHonda wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Turns out that the best time to get a new job isn't just after you find out you're likely to lose your license....
Why you losing your license. speeding?.
Just a wee bit.... :think:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 50#p430780
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

FFS, sorry to hear that, I am still waiting to see if I get a N.I.P from Friday, don't even know if I was speeding at all or what speed I was doing.

Its getting blood stupid, I bet it was on a road where it was safe enough to open up, I can understand 30's and 40's and built up areas having speed cameras, and outside a school I would expect nothing less than the book being thrown at you, but not on a large A road or motorway, like I said its really made me think about having powerful sports bikes.

I hope it all goes well for you Tony, but I don't think it will :(.

How long did it take for the NIP to turn up?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Its getting blood stupid, I bet it was on a road where it was safe enough to open up, I can understand 30's and 40's and built up areas having speed cameras, and outside a school I would expect nothing less than the book being thrown at you, but not on a large A road or motorway
I couldn't agree with you more. The sad thing is that they are less likely to enforce what goes on outside schools than they are open roads. Easier targets to be had.

I have applied for a job as a Barrista. If I get it then it would make a good place for a Storm meet up. I shall have to learn how to make little piccies of a motorcycle in your Latte. Drink it as fast as you can and use up the points on your reward card :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Out of curiosity was the van pointing towards you or face the rear as you went by?, the camera I saw last week was pointing towards me ( face on ).
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormingHonda wrote:Out of curiosity was the van pointing towards you or face the rear as you went by?, the camera I saw last week was pointing towards me ( face on ).
Yeah but the camera on the other side of the van wasn't... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:Out of curiosity was the van pointing towards you or face the rear as you went by?, the camera I saw last week was pointing towards me ( face on ).
Yeah but the camera on the other side of the van wasn't... :lol: :lol:
There was a police car park right in front of the one I saw, looked like the copper was messing with his mobile phone. That's what made me think they were after insurance and license rather than speeding.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

WELL result today, I've told them that me covering 3 workshops with 1 Manager isn't going to work! and they have decided i can have a Manager at each workshop. so i hope in 4 months i will have a skilled happy team looking after there workshops and i can actually do my job and manage them so staying for the time being.