air box screw size

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
xxxrated

air box screw size

Post by xxxrated »

dont ask me how but the screws that i took out of my airbox lid and put in a jar have now disapearred off the face of the earth along with the jar. any ideas to where i can pick some identical 1's up??
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

B&Q? Or am i stating the obvious?
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

what size am i looking for though, cant exactly ride my storm through the ailses trying out different screw sizes
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Not wishing to make matters worse, but make sure the missing screw hasn't dropped down into one of the carbs if you've had the filter out :!: BEFORE YOU START IT UP :!: :!: :!:
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

im missing all of em. i took them out and put them in a jar, which has vanished off the face of the earth. which means i have nothing to match them up to when purchasing new 1's
Max

Post by Max »

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/ ... 00004a.jpg

thats what they look like.

if you cant get them by the end of next week you can have these if you want, im off to spain tonight and will be back then let me know.
Max

xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

that should be perfect. cheers
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: air box screw size

Post by Pete.L »

xxxrated wrote:dont ask me how but the screws that i took out of my airbox lid and put in a jar have now disapearred off the face of the earth along with the jar. any ideas to where i can pick some identical 1's up??
Err!
believe it or not, the Honda original ones are quite cheep.
I'd dropped a couple on the garage floor, kicked em when I bent over to pick em up and never saw them again so I've had to replace a couple :oops:

Pete.l
gcs

Post by gcs »

On the bright side :lol: as soon as you buy new ones you WILL find the others, :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Always happens to me like that :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

xxxrated wrote:im missing all of em. i took them out and put them in a jar, which has vanished off the face of the earth. which means i have nothing to match them up to when purchasing new 1's
My mistake (must take more notice of what's been written) but actually that's better in the sense they won't have dropped into the carb's being in a jam jar :!: :D
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

sirch345 wrote:
xxxrated wrote:im missing all of em. i took them out and put them in a jar, which has vanished off the face of the earth. which means i have nothing to match them up to when purchasing new 1's
My mistake (must take more notice of what's been written) but actually that's better in the sense they won't have dropped into the carb's being in a jam jar :!: :D
But what happens if he has dropped the jam jar in the carbs. 8O
They are very big carbs :roll:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Fireman on a Storm wrote: But what happens if he has dropped the jam jar in the carbs. 8O
They are very big carbs :roll:
That should make it much easier to retrieve the screws :roll:
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I would think halfords will have these, they look like self tapping trim type screws.