what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Varastorm

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Varastorm »

bigtwinthing wrote: yes it does feel a tad different, also when you use the front brake it tends to dip less as the back dips a tad too. if you brake with the front on a storm you get a rocking sensation, you don't with the linked brakes it seems to squat a bit. does that make sense?
Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe the suspension's a little better on the CBF also?

I often use the rear brake to scrub some speed off during severe cornering (way too fast into a bend) & it's safe.

Like you mention, it's very predictable, no upset, rocking or any sitting up of the bike. Just a slight squat.

With me owning the bike for so long, perhaps I am just familiar to it now.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I am sure that with standard suspension the CBF is better set up than a standard Storm. However once id had my Forks Rogered and the WP Shock on my Storm was pretty well excellent. Bazza says the Ohlins shock on his CBF is far better. The forks seem fine to me with no adjustment!.

I have just 1 issue. with the missus on the back my feet touch the deck when cornering. on my own i just have toes on the pegs and its fine, i do ground the pegs though.

I intend to do a track day next year to see how it holds up. if its slow i will carry a flask in the top box and stop for a cuppa :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Well The superhawk guys dont use the fourm as much so I thought I should share my latest project.
I just laid another layer of glass on my carbonfiber tail project. Bad news is my buck got all twisted because like an idiot I didnt use foam or wood I used cardboard.
Good news is I think some body filler and an angle grinder will clean it up.
The ugly part is I dont know what shape to use. I am trying to replicate some of the RC213v

RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Found out my tire is at the end of its life. I had to full brake today and it slid like it was wet on some stony pavement. Rode 150+ clicks dunno what it is in miles but there is some big statue around here I went to see. It was cool.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed the Custard & wired in the heated gloves cable for the morning commute...brrrr.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

its cold as hell here too. I really need a lower linkage warmer on the tank if you know what I mean. Or a nice lady to sit up front.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Or a bigger engine :biggrin

==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Made a new bracket for the Action cam to go on.( no pisstaking as its a cbf either). Its very stable and i just fitted a longer bolt to the LH Mirror and made a bracket to affix the camera. Trying it tomorrow.
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Actually carl since I have no right to pm and mr bigtwinthing. I am calling out you guys on a touchy subject. Do you guys know anyone who has access to a vtr frame and a sp2 engine. I wanna shoehorn that motherlover in there since the engines are cheap. Its something I really want to consider since the swingarm is on my wish list.
Also Carl... Wartsila?
As for mr bigtwinthing. How is life with FI? do you think opening up the throttle bodies and doing the pipes with a powercommander thrown in there would satisfy your wildest dreams?

For the above dont no one tell me to get a sp2 I got a firestorm for like 250 pounds less than an sp2. I like the frame and the fairing among many other things.

As for what did I do to the bike today. I Checked the mail for my indicators got the moisture off with a quick ride and stared at my S**** craftsmanship on the fiberglass buck. I have to buy foam and bondo before I can even think of laying carbonfiber over it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

took mine for a quick 50 mile blat. as I've not been feeling to well over the last few days, I thought it best not to go for a long ride, but I hadn't ridden in 2 weeks, so I needed to get out. I also wanted to test out the rear wheel and tyre again. as it's the one from the bike ck had his accident on.
it was a strange 50 miles, as I knew I was on fumes when I left home, and it's 5 miles to my local petrol station, I thought i'd take a chance.
kept the revs low and bimbled towards the petrol stn, when 500m short it starts to cough and splutter, bugger, lots of wiggling of the fuel tank as the power faded. I managed to coast into the petrol stn 20yds short of the pumps..... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
a lucky boy indeed, on the way back after my ride, I thought I best spend a euro to clean the bike, as i'm taking my gear off, I notice a tear in my alpinestars gloves ffs, I've had them for 4yrs and i'd not done much to keep them in tip top condition.
just as well that I have other gloves.... :wink:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
playerone

Post by playerone »

agentpineapple wrote: I thought I best spend a euro to clean the bike
I managed to save that euro every time hahahahaha :beer:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

playerone wrote:
agentpineapple wrote: I thought I best spend a euro to clean the bike
I managed to save that euro every time hahahahaha :beer:
tight butt........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

RedStormJ wrote:Actually carl since I have no right to pm and mr bigtwinthing. I am calling out you guys on a touchy subject. Do you guys know anyone who has access to a vtr frame and a sp2 engine. I wanna shoehorn that motherlover in there since the engines are cheap. Its something I really want to consider since the swingarm is on my wish list.
Also Carl... Wartsila?
As for mr bigtwinthing. How is life with FI? do you think opening up the throttle bodies and doing the pipes with a powercommander thrown in there would satisfy your wildest dreams?

For the above dont no one tell me to get a sp2 I got a firestorm for like 250 pounds less than an sp2. I like the frame and the fairing among many other things.

As for what did I do to the bike today. I Checked the mail for my indicators got the moisture off with a quick ride and stared at my S**** craftsmanship on the fiberglass buck. I have to buy foam and bondo before I can even think of laying carbonfiber over it.

ha ha i love the quips. Ive realised over the years that rather than mess with fueling, alter carbs, change air filters, grind away crap from between your valve seats, polish out the casting grain, thats is actually better to get your suspension sorted, decent tyres and learn to ride it.

iam not singing Poppers praises here but i wouldn't be able to keep up with him on an R1 with him on his Viffer. the best mod to go a bit quicker is 3 teeth up on the rear sprocket and bugger the Touring potential. lol. more fuel, less speed but fun up to 130.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Do you guys know anyone who has access to a vtr frame and a sp2 engine.
If you after measurements then there is a few folk on here that could help with that.

when 500m short it starts to cough and splutter, bugger, lots of wiggling of the fuel tank as the power faded. I managed to coast into the petrol stn 20yds short of the pumps..... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
Not the first time and it wont be the last :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:
when 500m short it starts to cough and splutter, bugger, lots of wiggling of the fuel tank as the power faded. I managed to coast into the petrol stn 20yds short of the pumps..... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
Not the first time and it wont be the last :lol:
you know me too well carlos......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!