S valves.

Got any jokes? Add your favourite ones here, for all to share :)
RedStormJ

S valves.

Post by RedStormJ »

If you dong do your CCT's one benefit is S valves! S valves of course are free but I decided to take my set out and replace them with standard. S valves are piss poor for compression. :idea:
Kev L

Re: S valves.

Post by Kev L »

Please ensure you don't touch your S valves with your Dong, its most unhygienic! Or was that just a typo?
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Kev L wrote:Please ensure you don't touch your S valves with your Dong, its most unhygienic! Or was that just a typo?
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Best typo ever. I admit I may have had a beer or seven and some sake.... :beer:
I am not an alcoholic until I go to fire department " Training"
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Time for T :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Carl your the man. your cct guide saved my butt. I really needed to know how tight to run the cct. Mine is a little tighter but not much. Didnt do the rear yet but I have a spare engine coming. Rear is next but I think shell survive a ride to the hardware store to get another bolt. The bolt I got for the front was 2mm too short and I found a ss screw in the garage. Its locked in real tight. A loose rod at 11,000 rpm wont shake it out. :shifty:
I am however going to wire the bolts in place on the high performance motor. I dont like tightening the heck out of such a small bolt. too great of a risk of breaking something. I had three tall glasses of ale courtesy of my father in law. Fired it up for him he was suprised I got it back running in under 24hrs. Minus the wait time for parts that is.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They're an easy fix; I used to offer a van it in, ride-out service for local riders in the UK ,same day.
A long day, though, and I kept all the parts needed in stock.
Only one head goes, usually the front one, so plastics off, pull the failed head, rebuild it, shim it, put it back on and time it, check shims, fit manuals to stop it happening again and plastics back on.

24 working hours for your first one isn't too bad.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm pleased it has helped. It's amazing how many folk it has helped actually. I really put a lot of effort into making it as clear and concise as possible for whoever no matter what experience they have with engines. As long as folk follow step by step and have a little common sense then it's straight forward enough. The biggest hurdle is the nerves and entering the unknown. The best thing of all is that once folk follow the procedure they have got to know their engine very well. You next stop will be carbs especially as you have done the valves too. :wink:

Have a good read through the carb thread.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14#p238528

and if you haven't already then think about sorting something out for making carb syncing a whole lot more straight forward.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=18430

Now you deserve a celebratory beer :beer: and FYI Tensioners don't affect timing...they only affect the tension on the timing chain via the tensioner blade and keep things in sync. This is static timing setup.
==============================Enter the Darkside
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Yes carl I may dive in there today. I really need to sort my rear rim situation. Both carbs and tire are in need. I think I can live with the fart until after the wheel is sorted. Its colder than a witches bits and rainy. I dont mind riding in the rain but I hate to admit I am getting good at riding it out when the rear wheel gives out. thank god It has not happened in a curve. A highside would be a bad way to park my bike.
I have to get the vacuum nipple for the carbs but every time we go to the hardware store my wife is in a big A## hurry...
Problem is she knows where the close one is I dont.
Also I am a school teacher and one of my students has wrote me a bit of homework in japanese kanji. I am returning the favor also she missed school last week and her grandmother and I are good friends so I expect about three hours to be tied up there.
I just hate pulling the carbs off. Boots are harder than arnold at mr olympia. Ill get to it. I just hope to do it today. Funny this got highjacked in the jokes section. I also inadvertently hijacked the what have you done to your bike today thread. Apologies all around.

I have read the links posted before.
I am going to post a thread up about bearings maybe.... I am going to get warmed up and go pull the wheel off that swingarm. I know a member has fitted the same wheels front and back on his storm with factory swinger.