Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote:When needs be.....if it means I can smile again and it lands me a job, I shall be happy.

This thing is as a western society we are so sucked in by what we are told and advertised and it's all basically designed around making money for large corporations and governments that run the world and not actually fixing or curing long term along with using hardcore chemicals and animal testing etc. I've been looking into getting some old fashioned charcoal based toothpaste. Not the American Arm & Hammer crap than contains fluorides as we get enough fluoride in our water supply slowly poisoning us, but the powdered stuff one used to be able to get in old fashioned apothecary shops. It also contain natural antibiotics and healers like clove, peppermint, myrrh, cinnamon and clay in it. It's got to be better than the whitening kits sold or even what dentists offer cosmetically for a large fee. It's the same with toothache, why pay the pharma companies for antibiotics and pain killers if chewing and biting on cloves can do a better job. Now I have stopped smoking I'm determined to get my teeth sorted. I'm considering cutting down on my Coffee intake too and maybe starting to drink green tea or something.
Iv'e been impressed (not literally) with Colgate Max One toothpaste, it does seem a bit more effective than the others I've tried.
Just be aware though, of the bit of wisdom (! I as given some time ago- Smile is an anagram of Slime.... (about fake tan American shiny glow-in-the-dark teeth)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:Went to the Dentist and they can't clean the stains off my teeth under the NHS so I thought wombles it I will use my Dremmel with some burring tools. Well it works :lol: :lol: Not easy trying to do your own teeth though and I was a bit unsure what speed to use. :roll: It's a good job I don't mind that grinding feeling and vibrations that dentist drills give. Anyway got rid of loads of staining from my years of smoking and drinking coffee. I wonder what my dentist will think when I go back there in a couple of weeks to have some fillings done. :lol:

Why pay for a hygienist when one can do it themselves. I haven't got the money for hygienist anyhow so was left with not much choice and I want my teeth looking better for job interviews. At the end of the day all the dentist use is a drill and some attachments. The only thing I haven't got is some polish to buff the enamel back up. I could do the front (most important) but not not the rear of my teeth because the Dremmel head is not smaller enough and does not angle around otherwise I would have done that too. :biggrin
A before and after shot would have been good :wink: a bit late now I guess :)

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Man City 3 - Barcelona 1 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

My wife is the best. Just got an engine for 45 euro off of yahoo. She is also getting me a dymag rim. Dunno if well win but Ill let you guys know!! :D also got the valves in and shims are on the way.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Passing the eye test and medical for a provisional hgv licence :-)
Now to get studing for the theory test :-(
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done mate. Good luck with the theory test :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:Well done mate. Good luck with the theory test :thumbup:
Thank you , think I'm going to need it !!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Medical Friday, all good, no signs of lumps in the wrong places, bloods are still a bit low but overall fit and healthy. No more scans which is great, i only have bloods every 3 months for another year. They also passed me for my LGV 1 licence that i have and will get my licence back as soon a s possible. Eyes were bob on too ( with glasses etc) but on the whole Cancer free and maybe a possibility of life insurance again. thats gonna cost though.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Medical Friday, all good, no signs of lumps in the wrong places, bloods are still a bit low but overall fit and healthy. No more scans which is great, i only have bloods every 3 months for another year. They also passed me for my LGV 1 licence that i have and will get my licence back as soon a s possible. Eyes were bob on too ( with glasses etc) but on the whole Cancer free and maybe a possibility of life insurance again. thats gonna cost though.
Brilliant news... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
macdee

Post by macdee »

Great news BWT
told you not to but oh no you knew better
macdee

Post by macdee »

lloydie wrote:
Kev L wrote:Well done mate. Good luck with the theory test :thumbup:
Thank you , think I'm going to need it !!
Good going lloydie on wards and up wards
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Medical Friday, all good, no signs of lumps in the wrong places, bloods are still a bit low but overall fit and healthy. No more scans which is great, i only have bloods every 3 months for another year. They also passed me for my LGV 1 licence that i have and will get my licence back as soon a s possible. Eyes were bob on too ( with glasses etc) but on the whole Cancer free and maybe a possibility of life insurance again. thats gonna cost though.
Quality that Paul :clap:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Taking my boys to Remembrance Sunday today, and my youngest laying a wreath for Beavers, both in uniform (Beavers and Cubs)- proud dad.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good news mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great news btt :thumbup: