Bolloxs ... sh1t news

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Bolloxs ... sh1t news

Post by sirch345 »

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but we made the funeral service and afterwards a celebration of my Dad's life, it certainly helped.

All the very best for tomorrow Al, you'll be okay,

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i hope all goes well today and is a Celebration of her life. My dads passing earlier this year has left a massive hole, Its has though brought the Family together more, his Funeral was sombre, his wake amazing as we all felt happy he wasn't suffering had an amazing life and had children he dearly loved. We scattered his ashes in the sea, canoeing etc and the family on the beach watching. We still miss him but are so much happier for knowing him. i hope today goes well and that you can all reflect how great a mom she was.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

All the best today Al.
Thoughts are with you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Thinking of you and the Family Al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Be strong but don't hold it in, don't be afraid to blub.

It's better out than in.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MacV2 wrote:
It's better out than in.
8O all depends on what you're talking about and where you are really .

Thoughts with you - and echo what Sirch says - hope the sun shines and you can all bask in warm memories etc etc
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Funeral was last Thursday so that is one more hurdle cleared...... only have to deal with the will being read and cope with Normal life now.. just got to say thanks for the messages on here and the texts, they all helped. :thumbup:

last few days up in Scotland with my family were good, and although I could sense I was heading into my default introvert behaviour to recover, I know that too much time on your own is also not good so my wife and kids kept me on the straight path.
since her death I have felt a very strange feeling, it was not a sadness and I was never thinking about my mum or past memories or regrets, but I just felt an emptiness and a loss of mental and physical power.. strange stuff grief!......... last couple of days that fog is lifting, but I am sure it will be back.

one thing that my brother, sister and I did laugh about was that my mum invested a huge effort every year to try and arrange family get togethers, and it was a nightmare trying to get it to fit round everybody's schedule........ we agreed that the wake would have been her last laugh as she looked down...... I bet she was saying "see, I told you I would get all you buggers together!"

but that's the last thoughts dwelling on the past, what is needed now is to keep reminding myself to follow through on what she started, and not only make more regular effort to meet up with my brother and sister, but also the other cousins and the surviving older generation.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

That was a good read Al....... :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad you have your head sorted Al, you'll be selling the yellow peril I guess!
You're right to keep in touch with and value all of your family, you don't know how long you've got them.
All the best mate.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice post Al, I'm sure your mum would be proud of that,

Chris.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah got to hold the people you love close ,I'm pretty sure that's what life is about ,so that's me wombles then , can't wait to get out with you mate , live and love unreservedly ,ady.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

adyf wrote:Yeah got to hold the people you love close ,I'm pretty sure that's what life is about ,so that's me fooked then , can't wait to get out with you mate , live and love unreservedly ,ady.
well said Ady, and that proved correct for you with your surprised meet on the last storm ride.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

keep on going through the fog Al dont stop and dont dwell on it, then one day in the not too distant future you will go round a corner
and the sun will be shining.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

but that's the last thoughts dwelling on the past, what is needed now is to keep reminding myself to follow through on what she started, and not only make more regular effort to meet up with my brother and sister, but also the other cousins and the surviving older generation.
This is something my family do. My nan used to hold a boxing day party when all the family would meet. We have sort have continued this tradition on with meet ups every so often. We are doing another Blackpool weekend next year which is kinda central for everyone. The Welsh the English and the Scott's. We have a B&B booked and have taken over the whole place LOL One big piss up it will be and the kids can have fun down the fairground. It's so nice to catch up with some family members and I know for sure that this year there will be a couple there that may be the last time I get to see them as they are getting on in life.

Big hugs Al :Group Hug:
==============================Enter the Darkside
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Sorry to hear of your loss Al

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk