kais suspension

General Bike chat
vtwin goody

kais suspension

Post by vtwin goody »

one of my jobs over winter is getting the suspension set up on the storm,dont have any major issues as it is tbh just wondering if anyone has used kais for the ride in/out service on their storm
Wicky

Re: kais suspension

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

Wicky wrote:Seems to have a fan or two here > http://www.gixerboyz.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201280
cheers mate looking good so far :thumbup:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Had some Aprilia legs done by them and they put different amounts of oil in each leg, I had to re do it myself, also did a shock spring that wasn't right and got stroppy on the phone when I told them, I sent it back and they replaced it then the bike was good, no apology from them, they denied they did anything wrong. This was a good few years ago but my memory's still good and I wouldn't use them again.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

Best place you can go for fork work in my opinion is Maxton, they can't be too far from you ?

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

popkat wrote:Best place you can go for fork work in my opinion is Maxton, they can't be too far from you ?

Maxton and Kai's prob about the same travel wise always heard good things about Maxton but now people seem to speak more highly of Kai's I think (but not sure) that Maxton don't do a ride in/out service will check between the two and see what's on offer,thanks for the replies and opions as this is something I certainly don't want to get messed about and ripped off with
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I would vote Roger for the front end, you need a lot more than just new springs / oil and adjustment to get the fronts to work well, so it could be worth the extra effort to strip them off the bike and post them to him.

as for the rear, the best place to start is to put a new shock on, so again not the kind of thing you would get at a ride in/out appointment
AMcQ
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

thanks for the input lads :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:I would vote Roger for the front end, you need a lot more than just new springs / oil and adjustment to get the fronts to work well, so it could be worth the extra effort to strip them off the bike and post them to him.

as for the rear, the best place to start is to put a new shock on, so again not the kind of thing you would get at a ride in/out appointment
+1

Chris.