Clutch master cylinder (new problem)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
xxxrated

Clutch master cylinder (new problem)

Post by xxxrated »

been having a scout through ebay for a clutch master cylinder and im wondering what other clutch master cylinders will fit the storm. the RC51 and CBR1000 look the same but are the any other manufacturers such as kawasaki etc that will have similar items as they use nissin. cheers
Last edited by xxxrated on Wed May 10, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alan

CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER

Post by alan »

I would think as long as the bore size is the same it wouldnt really matter would it not
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

scrap the above idea. just been having a fettle with it and i though ill try the master cylinder off my VF500 just to see if it would work, tryed bleeding it up again and nothing. so i clamped a molegrips right after the banjo bolt by the master cylinder as i done with the srotm master cylinder and there was no pressure on the lever atall it would just pull right back.
my local mechanic had showed me this as thats what he thought the original problem was. anyways i was getting stressed out with it so i thought id leave it for now and on the way outta my garage i picked up the storm master cylinder and put my finger over where the banjo bolt goes and pulled the lever and to my suprise a nice pressurised shower of dot 4 shot out from where my finger was placed. the thing is if i chuck the hose back on and clamp it by the banjo bolt theres nothing and tyhe lever will come back with ease.
any idea as to what the problem could be??
alan

MASTER CYLINDER

Post by alan »

I know this might sound stupid of me to ask but have you tried bleeding it with a srynge to suck out the air what might be trapped when you have connected everything backup.
I use srynges for my brakes/clutches it bleeds them really quickly.

I only ask as i was bleeding my mates nc30 the conventional way a bit of pipe into half filled bottle of fluid and pumping the lever as normal and i was getting nowhere.So i opted to use my trusted srynge and hey presto loads of feel on the lever and lots of presssure.
alan

master cylinder

Post by alan »

P.S. if you have pressure on the cylinder when you blocked it with your finger it can only be an airlock in the system unless there is a problem with the slave itself.
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

ive seen them syringes on ebay i think i may have to buy 1. finally got some pressure in the lever when clamping the hose by the banjo but i dont think itll bleed up fully.
how exactly do you use the syringes mate is it just a case of sucking the fluid through the bleed nipple??
alan

CLUTCH

Post by alan »

Hi xxxrated
when i use to bleed brakes i take res cap off pull lever a few times then loosly fit the cap and leave the membrane out.Then attach a small lenth of hose to the bleed nipple and the other end to the srynge.

Pump the lever but dont leave it held in to build up some pressure then pull the plunger on the srynge it will be quite stiff thats what you want then open the bleed nipple you will see loads of air bubbles pissin out.

Keep an eye out on the res so it doesnt empty past the min mark then close nipple up after a few seconds or when the plunger looses its stiffness you will know this as it will go slack.
Then disconnect the srynge from the caliper or nipple and empty the waste fliud out into something.

Top up the res if you need to and loosly fit the cap again and repeat the whole process until you have bled the calipers or clutch or untill you have plenty of pressure on the leavers.

The srynge i use is a 50mm srynge its quite big you can go to the hospital and they might give you some or if you know a nurse as i do ehhhh :D

My wife uses them for feeding siamese kittens if they dont feed when born not the 50mm though :lol:

I will have a look and see if we have any lying about and post you one
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

cheers for that matey. ive just bought the kit off ebay as i can see them coming in handy on many an occasion:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
alan

clutch

Post by alan »

Xxxrated i am at the hospital tomorrow for some injections in my neck i will try and blag some for you
alan

clutch

Post by alan »

Okay mate yes they will definatley come in handy as you can inject fluid in rather than pour out the bottle or you could always use them for some strange sexual acts :lol: :lol: