Need a fast reply on some rim fitment. Custom stuff. 1000rr

General Bike chat
RedStormJ

Need a fast reply on some rim fitment. Custom stuff. 1000rr

Post by RedStormJ »

So as you all know my bike was bought used and I ride a lot. Tire is now spinning under hard acceleration due to wear. well past the bars if you know what I mean. Stock tire is heavy as heck. Bike is getting a mold made for a carbon tank as soon as weather gets nasty again. so money is tied up in a few spots as I need oil again too,..

I want to get one of those cheap 1000rr rims from ebay. 14 model type I believe. Can I make some spacers and such to make it fit?
I will need a sprocket fairly soon as well so I figure id get tire rim and chain all in one go.

I also have not made it out to the big bike shop in the north due to constant weather. so maybe ill find something else in a lighter weight.

Anyone fitted the newer style rim. I been scouring the internet for a low cost rim. Also changing the tripple to a 1000rr so it would match the front by next year. size would be the same as stock height wise.
Wicky

Re: Need a fast reply on some rim fitment. Custom stuff. 100

Post by Wicky »

Try looking for CBR1000RR SP2 (that comes stock with) lightweight Marchesini wheels. Or just bolt in a whole new front and rear end.
Can I make some spacers and such to make it fit?
If you can make spacers and have a big enough hammer and angle grinder anything can be made to fit.

See this twin rear tired drag mod (increases wet weather stability & gives twice the wear milage before tires need changing - and less wheel spin therefore putting more horsies to the tarmac)

Very, very wet weather fully enclosed drag mod

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Wicky that bottom photo is all me man! I would jump into that thing and be home before the police could sound the alarm. Great photo!
I looked into ducati stock rims but no one could give me a weight. As I do know someone here has already taken duc rims and fitted them I know they will work with some fenangalin. :)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That trike would be great for the winter and touring. I would like a rear end like that which could be swamped with standard as and when needs be. Then again one could just slow down on the winter roads instead.
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I too quite like that trike, although not that mad on most trike's, unless it's a bit special,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote:I too quite like that trike, although not that mad on most trike's, unless it's a bit special,

Chris.

Reminds me of something...

Ahhh yes...

Totaly unrelated but surely a case of seperated at birth...

Tony Mons/Professor Pat Pending...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

yall done hornswaggled my thread. Just for that I might go buy a ducati! ...nah but I may steal the rims off one
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

The 1000RR rear rim will fit but it will be a permanent choice. you have to bore out the chain slides and the caliper holder. My self I have a whole swinger from the RR but it has been done.