What are you listening to.....right now?

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: What are you listening to.....right now?

Post by MacV2 »

StuartWags wrote:primus

https://youtu.be/aYDfwUJzYQg
:thumbup: :thumbup: :Rock: :Rock1:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:When ever you listen to Madness you are forever young... They are a musical time machine :thumbup:
I used to think this Al till I saw them live last year! What a load of shite :(
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

More Jimi...

TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Crikey - Talk about a bunch of aging Hippies. I could never get into Hendrix, at all. And as for Janis Joplin! - FFS - that voice should NEVER have been allowed on tape. The only track I heard growing up was Me n' Bobby Mcgee, and she murdered that....and it put me off listening to anything else of hers for the rest of my life. Even if I hear her coming onto the radio, she gets turned off. Her voice grates worse than crumbly cheese.

I don't mind a bit of Pink Floyd now and again, but it has to be their proper earlier stuff, and not the usual songs known by them that people play today (no offence Floris - SOYCD is indeed a beautiful tune).

As said/waffled/garbled/gibbered earlier, I was brough up with Rock n' Roll. Proper 50's n' 60's stuff. Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, and Gene Vincent with his Blue Caps to name but a few.

Going to me Grannies house on Sundays was always Scottish music (Fiddle/Accordion/Pipes n' drums etc), and my mother liked a bit of Country and Western too, so, it was a real mix on the record player at times. But mostly, the collection of 45's and albums were all rock n' roll.

My LP collection today stands at 3,500, with about 400 45's and about 250 CDs. And it's a bizarre, eclectic range. But there's no Joplin, Hendrix or Emmerson. Lake n' Palmer. My collection ranges from a few old 78s, (stuff from the 1920s, 30's n' 40s), right up to classical, comedy, Doris Day n' Judy Garland (and I ain't even gay!!). Psychedelic Lps with ''YES'', and ''SKY'' (love Rick Wakeman) , LOADS of Rock n' Roll (some original label stuff), croony stuff like Jim Reeves or yes, Val Doonican!!, plenty Country (with modern Artists too) then ''modern'' stuff such as The Coral, The Darkeness, The Zutons, a bit of Kylie, and a couple of CDs from the blind Opera singer: Andrea Bocelli. Throw in a fair amount of Movie Soundtracks and Motion Picture Release albums, and yup, it's pretty varied.

Haven't bought any Lps for ages, and it's 4 years since I bought me last CD. Talking about it again has given me the need to see if there's anything out there now that I need to add to the list, but so far, nothing has jumped out at me with ''hey, THIS is good, I need to buy that!'' Although I will download some stuff, there's nothing to beat holding a Lp and admiring the cover. The clicks and ticks of vinyl, the smell of the foosty sleeve (old paper smell). The only downside is the sheer size and weight of them. :(

The ''heaviest'' bands I have are AC/DC, Deep Purple, and Motorhead.

Not that y'all gave a hoot, but, meh, just thought I'd share it... :roll: :)
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''YES'', and ''SKY'' (love Rick Wakeman)

'Kin 'ell Dave & you call us a 'bunch of aging Hippies'

If your after some newish stuff to check out try a bit of ...
TheGingerBeardMan

Ahh, Now. Y'see. Him there (Seasick Steve) I have heard before. Just before he started touring about properly, and was just getting a name for himself on the television, and then seeming to pop up everywhere.

He played up here in Aberdeen a short while back, and the tickets were gone as soon as they were released to the web. Some of his stuff is pretty gritty and old school, which I like.

Having now seen the audiences (and the many d1ckheads) that go to see him, I duno if I'd like to go see him live - all these bloody yanks screaming and drunken hollering? They do it at EVERY concert. As Steve said in the video: shut the ferk up - no-one has paid to hear a drunken tool scream and shout at every word.

Nowadays, I think most live concerts are like that. WHOO! YEAH!....(loud whistles), and then yer standing next to a guy (or girl) that tries to sing along to every bloody song they play. Most of it out of tune, the rest of it shouting to be heard, and then forgetting/missing out half the words. That would drive me up the bloody wall, and probably would get a riot started.

Thinking back, the last 2 concerts I went to was donkeys years ago. Eric Claptons 'Blues Only' in Feb 1995 (Glasgow SECC). That was cool, as nearly everyone sat and were polite and only hollered and yelped after he finished each toon. A while later, I got a full concert backstage pass for Jools Holland and his Orchestra when they played in Eden Court (Inverness) in 1999. Hearing a full on R&B band/Orchestra not even 20ft away was ear splitting and almost knicker wetting at the same time. Completely away from the bouncing bodies in the seats, it was one of the most memorable things I'll take with me to my box.

Anyhoo - Back to Seasick Steve. Thanks for the recco - but not tempted yet to buy a CD. Some folk just need to be heard live, and on a CD, some of the magic has gone with dubbing, editing, retakes and things cleaned up a lot.

I may wait for Steves little known brother to release his album - ''Carsick Clive: The Back-Seat-Stain Sessions''. :thumbup:

-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

None taken GBM :wink:
TheGingerBeardMan wrote: Nowadays, I think most live concerts are like that. WHOO! YEAH!....(loud whistles), and then yer standing next to a guy (or girl) that tries to sing along to every bloody song they play. Most of it out of tune, the rest of it shouting to be heard, and then forgetting/missing out half the words. That would drive me up the bloody wall, and probably would get a riot started.
That's really frustrating (experience) but it really depends on what kind of concert it is (genre). Of course how popular a band/artist is and the country you're in makes difference as well but in certain genres you just won't find any of those annoying guys/girls. Earlier this year I went to a concert where I've overheard someone telling his mate what happened on his job during the week, all while there was a fragile ballad playing on stage.. :shh: On the other side I went to another genre and kind of people who attend those shows, and there you could hear a needle drop if there was a silence during the music.

Now playing:
[youtube][/youtube]
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
TheGingerBeardMan

-Floris- wrote:-Floris- Now Playing: Rival Sons - Electric Man...
Well, THAT was something for the ears - sounded not too bad on the computer set up, so, thought I'd plug in the headphones and see (wanted to pick up a few things I couldn't quite make out on the normal speakers). Yup - I quite liked that, believe it or not. There's a hint of other peoples tracks in there (certain riffy things), and I thought oh, here we go with a bit of such and such thrown in. Liked the mike set up n' reverb too, had a 50s sound to it.

The song has finished 2 minutes ago, and yet the eyeballs are still rattling in the sockets! :thumbup:

Their label is rather fitting: Earache Records! :lol:

Having just gone through me LPs for something else, I forgot I had a couple o' Black Sabbath vinyls (at one point in my short time on this planet, I liked some of their stuff, and the cheapest way to buy the track(s) you wanted, was to buy the whole album). A few Sabbath CDs were brought back from the States in 1998 as a gift along with Pink Floyds Delicate Sound of Thunder, and they were played on and off for maybe a year - so that shows how long it's been since I've listened to Ozzy (17 years), and the last time I played Floyds DSOT CD must be at least 10 years ago!

Party On! - WAY! and erm....Scha-wing! :lol:
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
-Floris- wrote:-Floris- Now Playing: Rival Sons - Electric Man...
Well, THAT was something for the ears - sounded not too bad on the computer set up, so, thought I'd plug in the headphones and see (wanted to pick up a few things I couldn't quite make out on the normal speakers). Yup - I quite liked that, believe it or not. There's a hint of other tracks blended in, and I thought oh, here we go with a bit of such and such thrown in. Liked the mike set up n' reverb too, had a 50s sound to it.

The song has finished 2 minutes ago, and yet the eyeballs are still rattling in the sockets! :thumbup:

Their label is rather fitting: Earache Records! :lol:

Having just gone through me LPs for something else, I forgot I had a couple o' Black Sabbath vinyls (at one point in my short time on this planet, I liked some of their stuff, and the cheapest way to buy the track(s) you wanted, was to buy the whole album). A few Sabbath CDs were brought back from the States in 1998 as a gift along with Pink Floyds Delicate Sound of Thunder, and they were played on and off for maybe a year - so that shows how long it's been since I've listened to Ozzy (17 years), and the last time I played Floyds DSOT CD must be at least 10 years ago!

Party On! - WAY! and erm....Scha-wing! :lol:
Yeah I really like them, they have an outstanding live reputation so I'm glad I'll see them next year in concert. Funny that you mention Black Sabbath, this band (Rival Sons) is actually the support for Black Sabbath on their entire "the End" tour. Handpicked by Ozzy :thumbup:
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

[youtube][/youtube]

:Rock:
marko

Post by marko »

reference to earlier opinion on janis joplin.im not what would you call a joplin fan but i disagree with you my friend she had more soul in her voice than a thousand adeles and i like adele.each to their own i suppose.just chilling now and cooking and bashing the g&t with hobgoblin chaser forgot how good jethro tull aqualung is also,rival sons,scorpions,sham 69,sex pistols ,elbow,cream,marrillion,thank god for deezer and bose,i i cant stand jazz ,pop music r&b but i respect people who wanna listen to that stuff ,its a matter of whatever floats your boat ,marko
redpig

Post by redpig »

I like a bit a punk, bit a ska an a bit a popular gilbert & sullivan operettas.
ook
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Order 581 please go to your collection point
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

lloydie wrote:Order 581 please go to your collection point
In the sperm bank again??
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

BigVeeGrin wrote:
lloydie wrote:Order 581 please go to your collection point
In the sperm bank again??
they don't want low fat glutton free stuff !!