Urgent request

Moderator: VTRDark

StormyRob

Urgent request

Post by StormyRob »

Hello all

Firstly thanks for reading the following post!

Basically I've been very quiet recently because my storm project got shafted by an unnamed individual as far as j am concerned.

That being said I have managed to get the cash to just about buy a clean one with 20k

It's in Southampton and I am in Worthing. I will have an increase in my no claims bonus by March. I switched my old storm insurance to a 50cc moped for a few months. If I change back to storm now it'll cost me administration fees and I won't be riding it until March! I can get insured for 99 quid for the year from March roughly.

Sooooo does anyone have a trailer they would let me borrow for the evening?!

I hope there are some that can vouch for me here. I am located Worthing so anything Sussex or Hampshire would be very much appreciated!

Thanks very much
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Re: Urgent request

Post by Kev L »

Good news that you've got another storm mate. My son in law has a trailer, but he's based in Harlow! Don't know if that would be of any use.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
podman

Post by podman »

I cant help with a trailor im afraid but a friend of mine owns/runs a motorcycle transportation business, if its of interest, his name is Mike...Im sure he was down your part of the world today....

07809 865094

http://www.motomovers.uk/
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

StormyRob wrote:Hello all

Firstly thanks for reading the following post!

Basically I've been very quiet recently because my storm project got shafted by an unnamed individual as far as j am concerned.

That being said I have managed to get the cash to just about buy a clean one with 20k

It's in Southampton and I am in Worthing. I will have an increase in my no claims bonus by March. I switched my old storm insurance to a 50cc moped for a few months. If I change back to storm now it'll cost me administration fees and I won't be riding it until March! I can get insured for 99 quid for the year from March roughly.

Sooooo does anyone have a trailer they would let me borrow for the evening?!

I hope there are some that can vouch for me here. I am located Worthing so anything Sussex or Hampshire would be very much appreciated!

Thanks very much

Have you thought about hiring 1 from a Trailer Centre? they hire them have you a car with a tow bar? Van hire etc!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Thanks.

All sorted. I hired a van for 30 quid. 200 mile trip and I have a new(to me) storm.

Let's state the bad news first... It's yellow.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote:Thanks.

All sorted. I hired a van for 30 quid. 200 mile trip and I have a new(to me) storm.

Could be worse it could be teal...

Best of luck with this one enjoy it...If you need any bit's n bobs give us a shout...Matt... er sorry Mac.... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Thanks for that MattMac. I'm hoping for the best!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well thats you in the black book :D ..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

MacV2 wrote:

Best of luck with this one enjoy it...If you need any bit's n bobs give us a shout...Matt... er sorry Mac.... :wink:
Teal is the way forward,blue is for boys yellow for girls(or gays) red (you wanted a Ducati lol) silver is ok(I'm getting old) black I like and some of the orange(standard colour) or white look awesome , I am colour blind thou coz I thought mine was blue and a mate said green so teal it is :thumbup:
StormyRob

Re: RE: Re: Urgent request

Post by StormyRob »

vtwin goody wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

Teal is the way forward,blue is for boys yellow for girls(or gays) red (you wanted a Ducati lol) silver is ok(I'm getting old) black I like and some of the orange(standard colour) or white look awesome , I am colour blind thou coz I thought mine was blue and a mate said green so teal it is Image
Such a hard choice picking colour. I was set on blue, the real blue. However I am now leaning towards red! Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Such a shame to take an original bike colour, and then spray it up with another (unless the paint was really shot and knackered before hand). Ok, I've done it meself loads of times, (fancied a colour change), but a lot of my bikes were never in good nick - but yours is!

Your bike looks pretty good paint wise, and it'd be such a shame to change it. (I'm all for keeping tidy original examples, well...original-ish), but with the right accessories it can look really nice (just look at Pineapples one!)

My suggestion is to keep the yellow stuff, set it all aside safe for when you re-sell the bike, and meantime, pick up some multi coloured cheap fairings/covers etc from ebay, and then respray THEM to your chosen colour.

I ride me a red storm, but do quite like the yellow (now having seen it on here a lot, and what can be done with it using black bits). The black storm also gets my vote, with the deep blue following behind.

Just my 2 cents. :thumbup:
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Such a shame to take an original bike colour, and then spray it up with another (unless the paint was really shot and knackered before hand)

But your bike looks pretty good paint wise, and it'd be such a shame to change it. With the right accessories it can look really nice (just look at Pineapples one!)

My suggestion is to keep the yellow stuff, set it all aside safe for when you re-sell the bike, and meantime, pick up some multi coloured cheap fairings/covers etc from ebay, and then respray THEM to your chosen colour.

I ride me a red storm, but do quite like the yellow (now having seen it on here a lot and what can be done with it using black bits). The black storm also gets my vote, with the deep blue following behind.

Just my 2 cents. :thumbup:
I definitely appreciate that view ginger.

I was going to go for the candy Tahitian blue. However that was only on later models. This one has just 11k miles and I've no intention of selling it (we all say that). I don't mind yellow but would prefer a copier I like and for the paint to be excellent so I am compromising a bit by leaning more towards Red. I will also change the V5 colour to red so in reality it will be hard to tell it's been resprayed a different colour. You guys will know of course.
Ordering original decals too from David silver

I definitely do see what you're saying but just prefer red or blue