You only get 1 mod.....

General Bike chat
lloydie

Re: You only get 1 mod.....

Post by lloydie »

fabiostar wrote:
lloydie wrote:I couldn't do just one to a Vtr !
Rsv front end /rear shock.
Stopper mod ,
Tyres ,
Race shift,
Baffelectomy,
That would do me
RSV shock? mmmmmm year,how easy,whats required? :thumbup: iv not heard that one before and hate to miss an excuse to buy shiny things lol
With a big hammer if you like !
But I meant fit a decent rear shock :-)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol metric hammer??
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

fabiostar wrote:lol metric hammer??
If you like !
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

while sorting the forks and brakes and tyres are the real game changers, the best mod
on a std VTR has to be open cans
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

This time of year ... heated gloves...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Fly wheel ?
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

carmanbikes wrote:Fly wheel ?
:?: :lol:
Yup, I can just see someone going into a showroom, buying a BRAND NEW zero miles Firestorm, and saying the 1st modification thing they're gonna perform is a flywheel exchange.

Crikey Carman - I nearly came close to spitting out my coffee when I read that! :lol: :lol:

Gotta remember, that we are hypothetically walking into, or getting a brand new bike, never ridden before, and no-one has ever heard of any problems with the bike (like when they first came out). So, pretending you are in that position, and you get the bike home after the shop delivering it....you then think ''ok....so what's the FIRST thing I'm gonna do to my brand new bike?''

Tyres? Silencers? LED bulb upgrade? A race K&N air filter? A dynojet kit? Full stainless or titanium conversion? Higher handlebars?

or a flywheel exchange!? LOVE IT!! :lol: :clap: (** sorry, no offence meant...but that really tickled me! - it's the best answer yet!)
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

New Screen, no wait, heated grips
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
carmanbikes wrote:Fly wheel ?
:?: :lol:
Yup, I can just see someone going into a showroom, buying a BRAND NEW zero miles Firestorm, and saying the 1st modification thing they're gonna perform is a flywheel exchange.

Crikey Carman - I nearly came close to spitting out my coffee when I read that! :lol: :lol:

Gotta remember, that we are hypothetically walking into, or getting a brand new bike, never ridden before, and no-one has ever heard of any problems with the bike (like when they first came out). So, pretending you are in that position, and you get the bike home after the shop delivering it....you then think ''ok....so what's the FIRST thing I'm gonna do to my brand new bike?''

Tyres? Silencers? LED bulb upgrade? A race K&N air filter? A dynojet kit? Full stainless or titanium conversion? Higher handlebars?

or a flywheel exchange!? LOVE IT!! :lol: :clap: (** sorry, no offence meant...but that really tickled me! - it's the best answer yet!)
Ya but the night before I picked up the bike I was in the pub with Roger Ditchfield :lol: :lol:
longandlow

Post by longandlow »

fabiostar wrote:A nice set of cans so i can hear it coming outa 3rd gear corners :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yep got to be the exhaust. Car drivers never see you, so make sure they can hear you. :twisted:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

carmanbikes wrote:Ya, but the night before I picked up the bike I was in the pub with Roger Ditchfield :lol: :lol:
HA - Yup, that would do it. Pretty fatal for the wallet too (being presented with loads of possibilities). :lol: Yer sat at the table, pint in hand, conversation flows and say yer getting a brand new bike tomorrow.

COOL, says Roger, who proceeds to grab a few beermats and a pen, then sets out with ''suggestions'' as to wot would make it go better-faster-smoother-lighter.... :lol:
VTR keys not even left the dealers pocket, and it's already been up on a virtual bench, stripped, Rogered and put back together again! :lol: - :thumbup: - :Beer1:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Flat bars, makes it a completely different bike

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

+2 teath sprocket on the rear.
Wheely good fun :twisted:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I agree with lower triple as weak point, but do it properly. Price is not much higher over coerce fork brace, and function much better :-) Personally I didn´t feel much difference with fork brace installed, this one was really noticeable.

8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Wicky wrote: So new auto tensioners failing after 800 miles is reasonable....blah, blah,blah.......
It is clear you just have to prove your point and how right only you can be even though this was supposed to be just a fun time waster....
While I can't speak for others, as I have no idea what they did to their bikes, the other side to all of this is that I personally have over 100K miles with auto tensioners with no issues.

So in the end you win, have yourself a great day..... :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.