what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

Stripped all the front end down today. Stripped and cleaned the front Brakes, Checked and cleaned the Bobbins.
stripped out the Forks, Fitted the new Ohlins internals and the Linear fork springs, fresh oil and all fitted back on. very short road test about 9 miles, the difference is amazing. The forks have totally changed the feel up front. Rear Shock to go on next. :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
fabiostar wrote:BAN this man right now
Maybe I can redeem myself?....just a tiny bit? In a tiny way with a tiny bike? With a 2 stroke?

Polini 911 Dreambike. 1200 quids worth (when new) of premix air cooled 6.2hp hooliganism. A track bike only (not one of them arses that runs up the street in a t-shirt). Race prepped and good for 60mph. :eek2

So, could I perhaps be spared a few lashes from the Cat o' nine tails then? :bondage: But, if not, then I'll happily don my gimp mask and take all the lashings thrown my way :twisted: :lol:

Yeah - I know I hate seeing sponsorship / brand stickers that aren't relevant to what's fitted on the bike, but it were like that when I bought it from the guy.

I like the sticker along the back seat though: ''Crashing is proof that you're trying''

fully redeemed. thats proper class looking :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote:
TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
fabiostar wrote:BAN this man right now
Maybe I can redeem myself?....just a tiny bit? In a tiny way with a tiny bike? With a 2 stroke?

Polini 911 Dreambike. 1200 quids worth (when new) of premix air cooled 6.2hp hooliganism. A track bike only (not one of them arses that runs up the street in a t-shirt). Race prepped and good for 60mph. :eek2

So, could I perhaps be spared a few lashes from the Cat o' nine tails then? :bondage: But, if not, then I'll happily don my gimp mask and take all the lashings thrown my way :twisted: :lol:

Yeah - I know I hate seeing sponsorship / brand stickers that aren't relevant to what's fitted on the bike, but it were like that when I bought it from the guy.

I like the sticker along the back seat though: ''Crashing is proof that you're trying''

fully redeemed. thats proper class looking :clap:

Water it.
You never know until you've tried.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

tony.mon wrote:Water it. You never know until you've tried.......
Not a bad idea. Next time I wipe it down with a damp cloth, I'll put some Baby Bio plant feed into the water as well.

And if that works, and the bike does grow bigger, then I'll make sure to wash me willy with a facecloth soaked in the stuff! :thumbup:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It's miraculous stuff but it's got its limits!! :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

spent a few hours this morning removing the piston from the rear caliper and giving it a clean, removed a fair bit of crap from around the seals as well, so happy days, his rear caliper is no longer binding.... :thumbup:
so in the last couple of weeks, I've painted both wheels black, also sprayed his forks silver, cleaned up loads of nuts and bolts, fixed the rear brake.
I might have to give the headers a clean tho, I will not be removing them from the bike, I ain't risking snapping the exhaust studs :eek2
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
longandlow

Post by longandlow »

Started fitting the new race bodtwork to my sprinter. Had to fit a standard subframe for the new tail peice as it a stock shape not the one off I had on there before. No pics yet, but should have in a few days.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

agentpineapple wrote:spent a few hours this morning removing the piston from the rear caliper and giving it a clean, removed a fair bit of crap from around the seals as well, so happy days, his rear caliper is no longer binding.... :thumbup:
so in the last couple of weeks, I've painted both wheels black, also sprayed his forks silver, cleaned up loads of nuts and bolts, fixed the rear brake.
I might have to give the headers a clean tho, I will not be removing them from the bike, I ain't risking snapping the exhaust studs :eek2
great work.

psssst, you forgot a disc bolt :biggrin
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that one snapped off, I had to get it removed by a local garage, I have spare bolts in the uk, I will grab some when I get back to blighty, trust you to spot that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
There will always be bikes that one fondly remembers, with riders wanting to re-live that experience. But the reality is, if a lot of those original riders climbed back onto an old bike, I don't think the experience would be the same. Rose tinted glasses can affect one's vision y'know! :think:
I have to agree with you there Dave, I have often thought exactly the same myself. If I rode one of my old Triton's today I'm sure I would be amazed at how much they vibrated, the 650/750cc Triumph parallel twin engines sounded good though 8)

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Did my mates Storm Forks, stripped and cleaned and refreshed the oil etc, It has full Maxton internals, we freed off the Brake disc bobbins, cleaned the Calipers etc, cleaned the downpipes at the front, checked the starter rubber boot crap etc and We removed and copper slipped the downpipes bolts too. refitted it all. Did the air gap to 145mm and he was very happy with the result. Certainly a lot more bits in them forks than my CBF ones. However we are both happy bunnies. I have to do my rear Shock this weekend.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Image picked my new bike up and put it next to the vtr am I pushing my luck think she will notice? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

rebuilt the forks on the Pitbike as the were waaaay too hard.

turns out they had a 50mm travel restrictor spacer under the damper rod to shorten them from MX spec and then a 25mm spacer on top of the spring. so std spring plus 75mm extra preload...... it was close to coilbound!

in my view the bike was set up with too steep a rake angle when I got it, so it was going to be very twitchy and lose the front end without warning. Then looking at the specific Supermoto forks you can buy, I decided I would take 20mm off the shortening spacers, so the front sits a bit higher, and I will ditch the top preload spacer and use higher oil level to add some progressive rising rate preload as the air volume gets trapped................well that's the plan.........

was a fairly epic strip down, as the forks the had to be fully disassembled and the damper cartridges weren't built to come apart! so I had to drill out the peened areas to get them out and then use a center punch to lock them in place when I put them back together.

next step will be to slightly shorten the rear shock spacer, fix the steering head bearings and then set up the sag. once its running I will add progressively add extra oil to the forks till I get the fork stroke about right under heavy braking
AMcQ
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Got bloody nowhere!!!

See my other thread re my problems with the spare front head !!

Its driving me crazy !!!!