speedo healer

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
xxxrated

speedo healer

Post by xxxrated »

anyone fitted 1?? took the storm out for the first time today with 1 tooth dropped on the front and the speedos miles out.
if not a speedo healer then anything else i can do?? i dont want a bike speedo or any of that just the correct reading on the stock speedo
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

a cheap temporary fix that worked on my CB (at least until some technically minded wiz comes and gives a better answer)

Cycle computer. A half decent one with an LCD that you can stick on the yoke and a two part sensor that mounts on the fork or mudguard and measures it's counterpart that fits to the wheel rim. Acurate enough so you wont get in bother from cameras and stuff (though plod might not like it - "construction and use" and all that)

Could you redo the speedo to read off the wheel speed rather than the engine speed? Probably not, but might be able to replace it with an older version from a model that does.

You could also make an overlay (like a Km/h - Mp/h one) as long as you have a set distance and reliable timing method to calculate your true speed, then extrapolate from that. Mind you, a race tech or tuner will probably know how to calculate what speed you should do given an 'x' tooth sprocket front and rear with known gear ratios.

Just my thoughts... hope something helps.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Kitch

Post by Kitch »

what a funky gizmo...

I'd completely ignore the inane ramblings of that earlier mad bloke :?
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Max

Post by Max »

I've just come back from Spain and due to having 15/44 gearing have a sigma, this was handy as it converts to kmh easily as well
Max

kingster

Post by kingster »

I have a speedo healer fitted. It's mint. 'Nuff said.

Kingster