fuel friend

Post by macdee »

tidy little emergency fuel bottle
http://www.fuelfriend.de/
told you not to but oh no you knew better
tony.mon

Re: fuel friend

Post by tony.mon »

I can't imagine the .5 litre amount will make a lot of difference to a Roller, which they seem to think is the target market.

Can't you just empty your Zippo into the tank?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

I'd much rather have the aluminium cans from MSR... Big enough to get you out of a pinch, and sturdy enough to sustain a decent hit...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/twisted- ... uel-bottle
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
macdee

Post by macdee »

Tweety wrote:I'd much rather have the aluminium cans from MSR... Big enough to get you out of a pinch, and sturdy enough to sustain a decent hit...

i have seen these and they work great also the carrying case would be great for storage on the side of the bike
just thought that the 1.5ltr fuel friend would fit under the seat and be their when in need
told you not to but oh no you knew better
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

Does anybody have any experience with these Fuelfriends? As in which ones will fit under your seat with the largest total volume possible?
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Tweety wrote:I'd much rather have the aluminium cans from MSR... Big enough to get you out of a pinch, and sturdy enough to sustain a decent hit...

so 30oz equals about 850ml. not sure how many miles of riding that gets you, of course it would depend also on the type of riding.
I like the look of the plastic one with the strap, as you could use the storms under seat rubber band as a strap.
I've often thought how difficult would it be to cut away the section under the seat so it was just flat plastic, it would greatly increase the amount of space in there.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

A nice idea, I think if I headed abroad with the storm id just lash a fuel can to the back seat thou..
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

last summer I did a 300 mile thru the night ride, I had a litre bottle of unleaded in my top box, i'd deffo be interested in something like this, a couple of years ago I was chatting to mr mon, and he mentioned expanding foam, which I use from time to time whilst building my farm house, one day I might give it a go, line my top box with clean film, do the same for the fuel container I buy, then squirt in the foam, plonk the container where I want it, once the foams finished expanding, i'll cut it back so the container sits about 2/3 into the foam, and woooolah, i'll have a reasonably safe place for the fuel container, well that's the theory :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

agentpineapple wrote:last summer I did a 300 mile thru the night ride, I had a litre bottle of unleaded in my top box, i'd deffo be interested in something like this, a couple of years ago I was chatting to mr mon, and he mentioned expanding foam, which I use from time to time whilst building my farm house, one day I might give it a go, line my top box with clean film, do the same for the fuel container I buy, then squirt in the foam, plonk the container where I want it, once the foams finished expanding, i'll cut it back so the container sits about 2/3 into the foam, and woooolah, i'll have a reasonably safe place for the fuel container, well that's the theory :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm so glad you don't smoke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:last summer I did a 300 mile thru the night ride, I had a litre bottle of unleaded in my top box, i'd deffo be interested in something like this, a couple of years ago I was chatting to mr mon, and he mentioned expanding foam, which I use from time to time whilst building my farm house, one day I might give it a go, line my top box with clean film, do the same for the fuel container I buy, then squirt in the foam, plonk the container where I want it, once the foams finished expanding, i'll cut it back so the container sits about 2/3 into the foam, and woooolah, i'll have a reasonably safe place for the fuel container, well that's the theory :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm so glad you don't smoke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
filthy disgusting habit....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'll still find ways to blow myself up... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!