Fairing VTR Decal

General Bike chat
john306

Fairing VTR Decal

Post by john306 »

Hi,
Anyone know where I can get an original VTR fairing decal, the bike is yellow Y124p.
David Silver says they are now discontinued, and no stock left at Honda.
I've looked online in general but the only stickers I can find have the same font/sizing but come in all black, the one on mine is a gold background with gradient black dots.
Any other options welcomed.
Thanks
vtwin goody

Re: Fairing VTR Decal

Post by vtwin goody »

im having the same problem mate, only options left are find a graphics place that will make them for you theres plenty about or remove the matching graphic (they just peel off) and leave them plain which is the option I think I will be taking :thumbup:
budd

Post by budd »

I have the vector file for these so I can cut you some vinyl replicas if required, but they will only be in one colour and not like the OE with the dot pattern and colour matched surround./backing.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Order the decal from a later nearer to 2005 model ;-)

Otherwise download and take the vector file for the decal and get it cut out to size on say chrome vinyl or chrome / black finish by your local sign / vinyl printers. I did work with a vinyl printers in making a 'correct' multi layered version of the decal from vinyl with all the component colours and effexts inc dot screen effect - it was a lot of faffing and just as expensive as the ready made Honda decal.

Vector Scalable Graphic logos for the Firestorm > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=13333
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

What about the image works ??
RIDE TO ENJOY
john306

Post by john306 »

Thanks for all the info.
I've bought an all black one off eBay but even with the correct font/size it just doesn't look right against the tank decal.. But I will give the image works a call tomorrow thanks geoff.
john306

Post by john306 »

Just for anyones info....
The Image Works have the correct decals.
I've just ordered the minimum 2 for £10 + delivery.
Cheers