VTR1000 F3 for sale. 2003 big tank model.

Moderator: VTRDark

Hondo

Re: VTR1000 F3 for sale. 2003 big tank model.

Post by Hondo »

Thanks for your advice.
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

agentpineapple wrote:worth every penny mate, good luck with the sale..... :thumbup:
Thanks, I agree. :thumbup:
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

Watty wrote: Still no match for my Viffer @ 200 miles per tank :thumbup:
Maybe, but your Viffer is ugly and an old mans bike. :biggrin :Ball Kick:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Hondo wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And! I am old!! It's all about the image for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:
Hondo wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And! I am old & ugly!! It's all about the image for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed it ect...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:
Watty wrote:
Hondo wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And! I am old & ugly!! It's all about the image for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed it ect...
Bell end :Finger:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

Hondo wrote:Thanks for your advice.
If you do decide to put it back to stock I'll gladly buy your WP rear shocker!!!

Haha, I had to get in there!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Good luck with the sale which ever way you go!!! :wink:
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
podman wrote:Just my tuppence and only my personal opinion but id get it all back to stock, remove the levers, all the aftermarket parts inc exhausts , take off the stickers from the frame/swingarm etc, IMHO flogging the aftermarket parts will get you get nearer that £2750 and help the bike appeal to a wider audience.

I agree , £2750 isnt a lot for such a bike but £2750 is top dollar for a private sale in storm world....which is partly why I bought one!

Good luck with the sale.
+1
Totally agree with these comments, I know a couple of people who are on the look out for a FireStorm, but they are looking for totally bog standard unmolested ones, and wouldn't mind paying good money for the right one, which in my opinion proves that after a bike is past a certain age, say 15 years ish plus, trying sell it with with mods actually devalues the bike rather than increases it, although I'm sure there a few exceptions to that.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Very nice good luck with the sale
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheekykev wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:
podman wrote:Just my tuppence and only my personal opinion but id get it all back to stock, remove the levers, all the aftermarket parts inc exhausts , take off the stickers from the frame/swingarm etc, IMHO flogging the aftermarket parts will get you get nearer that £2750 and help the bike appeal to a wider audience.

I agree , £2750 isnt a lot for such a bike but £2750 is top dollar for a private sale in storm world....which is partly why I bought one!

Good luck with the sale.
+1
Totally agree with these comments, I know a couple of people who are on the look out for a FireStorm, but they are looking for totally bog standard unmolested ones, and wouldn't mind paying good money for the right one, which in my opinion proves that after a bike is past a certain age, say 15 years ish plus, trying sell it with with mods actually devalues the bike rather than increases it, although I'm sure there a few exceptions to that.
I tend to agree, with older bikes, buyers want bog standard unmolested bikes. I can see their point. especially if the bike has relatively low mileage. blank canvas and all that, safe in the knowledge that no one has messed around with it.
personally I want to see a bike that's been loved and well maintained. if it has extras that I don't want, i'll remove them and sell them. the thing to remember is extras can make the bike more saleable but not always worth more.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:
Watty wrote: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And! I am old & ugly!! It's all about the image for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed it ect...
Bell end :Finger:
Hehehehehehehehe....
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

I wouldn't mind these negative comments if I had asked for advice on selling my bike. :roll: All the original parts are with it so a buyer has the choice.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I think your bike looks superb.
Yes, if others want a standard one, then:
a. go get one, or
b. buy yours and switch it back.

Everyone does some sort of "customizing" to their bikes, but the basics have been sorted on yours with quality parts, MCC's, Suspension etc (& I do still love those cans). Stickers covers etc can all be take off if required.
Good luck with the sale, someone will get a very well looked after bike.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
podman

Post by podman »

Hondo wrote:I wouldn't mind these negative comments if I had asked for advice on selling my bike. :roll: All the original parts are with it so a buyer has the choice.
I wouldnt see them as negative comments , you did ask "what else can you get for £2750?"...just feedback.

Your right, it can be put back to standard but you dont want to because of time/laziness/work/life etc and guess what, buyers dont want to put it back to standard because of time/laziness/work /life etc etc.

You have to appreciate if your asking top money, you have to put some effort into the sale to get that price and many eBay goons (and that is where most of the dumb buyers reside no doubt) wont look past the first couple of pictures, let alone read the full script..

I genuinely wish you all the best with the sale and I hope you get it gone in one hit for that £2750 but if it doesnt sell for that price, it seems to me you could flog the bike for 2k ish and then make up any deficit by selling the aftermarket bits to many on here!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I hope it sells but it seems overpriced to me.
But then everyone tries to get as much as they can for their bike.

It's not a negative comment, merely my opinion.
Which you might not have asked for but I have the right to offer, as you do on this forum as well.

The cans are an improvement but not really desirable like Akras or a top brand.
Paintwork's nice though.

But you picked the right time of year to sell.

What else you get for that sort of money is early blades which are only going up in price.
Or ZX9's which I think will start being very collectable soon.

But you asked what you can get for that money, not what I think it's worth, so I'll shut up.

Us lot have already got one, so are unlikely to buy it anyway.
Pop it in the bay and see what the market value is if you really want to know.

Good luck, as the more it fetches the more it raises prices generally for vtr's.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.